ath m50 wireless bluetooth mod?
Sep 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 8
It won't be easy to do so.

First you'll need something that transmits audio via bluetooth, not that hard to find one of those, but size will be a problem, especially with a battery.
Then you'll need amp/DACs for your headphone, maybe rip out the board of those little E1 FiiOs?
And to top it all off, you'll need to attach them to the headband or somewhere else that doesn't affect the sound.

The size of the components will be your main limitation. Using a detachable cable mod and then connecting your bluetooth circuit to it will work best.

Sep 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 8
I've heard (From a unreliable source)  that Bluetooth isn't that great at transmitting audio. Anyone care to confirm or deny? Just thinking if you go through the effort of having an amp and a dac then you have a bottle neck at the delivery. Again not sure on this one.

Sep 8, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 8

I've heard (From a unreliable source)  that Bluetooth isn't that great at transmitting audio. Anyone care to confirm or deny? Just thinking if you go through the effort of having an amp and a dac then you have a bottle neck at the delivery. Again not sure on this one.

A2DP isn't all that bad last time I checked.
Do you know of any small bluetooth circuits I could use?

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=24431&cPath=1412&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=export_feed&gclid=CMbC4fCZvbkCFQkVpQodJxwA1w#googlebase

Something like this should take care of the amp/DAC too. 

Jan 23, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #8 of 8
Hey I just bought a pair and have designs on how to en corporate a small bluetooth module interally and at the same time create a removable cable port. Youll then have the option to use one or the other. The only worry I have is adding mass (circuit board, etc) internally will have an effect on the sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back