ATH-M50 White vs ATH-M50 Black DIfference in sound??
Aug 12, 2012 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

amipat01

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone. After a lot of research and comparison I decided to purchase ATH-M50. I think white looks much sleeker and cooler. But as I'm reading reviews, I read a couple times the white versions have less bass but clearer highs? Is this true? 

Aug 12, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 9
Shouldnt be different. Same thing. Different color.

Just make sure u realize the white model only comes with a coiled cable. I personally like the white color too and actually ordered a pair today that has been modified to have a removable cable so i can put a straight cable on it.
I dont like coiled cables. Maybe if i was a technitian but im just a regular guy...... :person_with_blond_hair:

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #5 of 9
Maybe you are confusing the white box M50 vs the black box M50. I believe the black box was the original M50 and is claimed to be slightly better than the current white box version. I might have the box colors mixed up.

Aug 13, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #7 of 9
there should be no difference in sound, why would they be? its just a different colour 
confused_face(1).gif

and yeah bumping every hour isnt very patient/polite isnt it....?

Aug 13, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #8 of 9
The difference isn't down to the color of the headphones but the package they arrived in. There's been 2 different versions floating around for sure for the black M50 versions at the very least, I'm unaware what's the case with the white versions but since they are newer there's a huge chance they might not have 2 versions. Some people have even had hands-on experience comparing the different sounding M50 so it's very real though. The pair I tried just had to be the basslight version as the bass was really a letdown to me and didn't quite be on a neutral level even but I loved the mids though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back