ATH-M50 vs ATH-Pro700mk2 vs Beats Solo HD
Feb 1, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #31 of 48
i've actually been wanting a fake pair as well, to see if my friends can tell the difference in sound quality between a fake and a real. but again, can't justify such leisurely spending. 

Quote:
Just make some friends at bestbuy and have them buy them for you. Thats gonna be the cheapest you will get them for! Be careful cause there is alot of fake ones out there, especially on craigslist and ebay.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #32 of 48
Feb 1, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #33 of 48

Quote:
You think the M50's are better? why?

For one, the M50s pushes more details forward and clearer treble; the Pro700 MK2 may have more (and possibly better) bass, but at the usual bassheads' sacrifice of mids and treble. That isn't good for rock, metal and the likes.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #34 of 48
nothing a little eq tweak cant fix. M50 pads on my pro700's give the bass a more refined tone. I just tweak the app to get them Highs up a little bit.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #35 of 48

Quote:
nothing a little eq tweak cant fix. M50 pads on my pro700's give the bass a more refined tone. I just tweak the app to get them Highs up a little bit.

I like EQ, but frankly I would much rather get a headphone suited for rock stock condition, than to buy a headphone suited for completely different genres and trying make it sound like something it's not.

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #36 of 48

I have both the Solo and the M50. The M50 is vastly superior to the Solo in my opinion.

Quote:
Which of these is the best look and soundwise because I'm going to be listening to them mosly in public. I listen to Metal, Hard Rock, and classical Rock. Any suggestions?

Feb 6, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #38 of 48
Quote:
Which of these is the best look and soundwise because I'm going to be listening to them mosly in public. I listen to Metal, Hard Rock, and classical Rock. Any suggestions?

Haven't tried the Pro700MK2, but I own the M50s and used to own the Beats Solo HD (biggest mistake I EVER made.) The M50s are really great for any genre. Even though sound stage  is not that great, it still sounds amazing. On the other hand, the Solo HD sounds extremely muddy and muffled. That's the HD version....Now imagine the non-HD version 
blink.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #39 of 48
Let me say one thing, if you are looking for comfort, stay away from the Pro700 MK2's. My hat size is 23.5", and those headphones HURT. I couldn't even wear them for 30 seconds without feeling pain. But they don't leak very much sound, and they sound really good.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #42 of 48

I wear a size 7 5/8 fitted cap and after 1 min of wearing my 700's i totally do not feel them, the m50 pads sure make them more comfortable. Im going to be picking up a set of dt250 velour pads and see how those feel. Ill keep you guys updated.
Quote:
I love bass and ive decided to get the MK2s, all i need to know is where i can m50 pads now. thanks

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #44 of 48
BeatsPro has a deeper, tighter & heavier bass comparing to ATH-Pro700MK2 or ATH-M50 because it has been tuned to have a very unique bass. 
If the budget is an issue, you may go for ATH-M50 instead of ATH-Pro700MK2.
I feel ATH-M50 has a balance sound in low, mid & high tones. If you really need more bass, then you can use headphone amp such as Fiio E11 to improve the bass level.

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #45 of 48
Quote:
BeatsPro has a deeper, tighter & heavier bass comparing to ATH-Pro700MK2 or ATH-M50 because it has been tuned to have a very unique bass. 
If the budget is an issue, you may go for ATH-M50 instead of ATH-Pro700MK2.
I feel ATH-M50 has a balance sound in low, mid & high tones. If you really need more bass, then you can use headphone amp such as Fiio E11 to improve the bass lever

Hey i noticed amps like the e6/e7/e11 has a noticeable hiss to it when cranked up and messes the music a bit...i own the e11 and e6 and i tried my friends e11 they all suffer from the hiss..or is it i am just too sensitive to high end freq?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back