ATH M50 vd Esw9 please !
Dec 21, 2011 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tomoe

New Head-Fier
Cant decided which one should i got.      Any one can declare the sound of these two ?   

Detail of intruments 
Individuality of intruments
soundstage 

does M50's bass punch the vocal & high out of sight ? 

thanks

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #2 of 3
Heya,

I have both.

The ESW9A is easily the better sounding headphone in every way. It's also more comfortable to me. It's lambskin and woodback. Very portable, Very luxurious. It's on-ear though, not over-ear (the M50 is over-ear). The treble is very smooth on the ESW9A, and the M50 has a brighter/harsher treble to me. The mids are excellent. The bass is very natural and extends deep and doesn't bleed out the mids (the M50 has recessed mids and a emphasized bass). I do not like vocals and treble on M50 at all. But on the ESW9A, it's smooth like a sherry cream sauce.

If you want overear, consider something else entirely.
If on-ear is ok for you, the ESW9A is simply exquisite.

Very best,

Dec 21, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 3
I have both too. Aside from what was said above - the choice could also depend on what type of music you listen to. For me the esw9's scale better with amps and sounds
good on vocals, jazz, acoustic, rock - but the M50 will play better dance, electronica, hip-hop music.

Keep in mind that I'm only talking about "in relation" to the other when I categorized the music types above. Without any comparison to each other - both of them do very well for the price point. In my case I prefer the m50 because I like over-ear than on-ear. The woodies on the esw9 though are very very pretty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back