ATH-M50 to ATH-AD900X
May 7, 2013 at 3:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lausar

Member of the Trade: Integra Tech
Is there a big difference in sound quality between these 2 models?  I have the M50's now and I've been reading up on the merits of the open back designs.  I listen mainly at night, at home and use a my iPhone 3/Spotify with a portable amp but really do not see myself ever listening to this set-up outside my home.

May 8, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:
Huge difference.

Care to elaborate? I'm in the same boat as lausar and am quite interested in getting a pair of the ad900x's.

May 8, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:
The mids are no longer recessed. The mids are clearer, soundstage larger, bass tighter, more comfortable. Just in every way.

I've heard they're acquirable for ~200-230$ with shipping, are they worth that kind of money? I would imagine they are from everything I've heard about them and doing mental comparisons to the M50's.

May 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:
I've heard they're acquirable for ~200-230$ with shipping, are they worth that kind of money? I would imagine they are from everything I've heard about them and doing mental comparisons to the M50's.

You can get the AD900X for 135 USD on amazon.jp. Then you have to pay Tenso a few buck for shipping outside Japan.

Sep 2, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
I'm seeing 279.99 plus shipping...ATH- AD900X...all day.

But he said Sony MA900 for $195 and not ATH- AD900X.

If I order from amazon Japan will I get dinged for customs and brokerage fees?

So much for shipping MA900 from Japan to Canada. Just tried to order them and got the below. Maybe it is just certain dealers that won't ship to Canada? If so which one to order Sony MA900 from?

"We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back