ATH M50 seal
Dec 29, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 13
Are you talking about the foam padding on the ear cup or how tightly they grip your head?

Dec 29, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #7 of 13
Bumping your thread every 10 minutes isn't going to magically make someone be able to help you fix your ATs...

Dec 29, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #9 of 13
"You may, if there are no replies to your question after at least 24 hours, "bump" the thread by making a post, but not sooner."

- Straight outta the posting guidelines  http://www.head-fi.org/a/posting-guidelines

On to your question. I have owned the ATH-M50s for a very long time back when they were first the flavor of the month and could be had for $100 and $90 (eBay). 

The clamping force does adjust to your head over time, but I have not noticed any decrease in isolation.

My guess is your M50s are beginning to adjust to your head and you are linking that to losing isolation, but it is only making them more comfortable. I still have the original pads and they have not flattened out one bit. Mine still clamp pretty good but it is like they have adjusted so they mold to my head with just slight force compared to when I first got them. 

Dec 30, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
Sorry, new here and i should of checked the guidelines. Used to other websites when bumping happens every 5 seconds. Thanks for the response.

No problem. 

Funny story I was banned some time ago for posting in 2 year old threads like 50 at a time. It was the first forum I had made an account on and when I was told by other members to use the search function I figured it would be okay to post in the threads I happened upon even if they were 3 years old. So I kept searching for m50 threads thinking the threads were still relevant and thinking I was genuinely helping out the OP of these archaic threads. oops. I did not understand what bumping meant or did. Actually I was a little mad since it was no warning as to what I was doing, I had no clue. 

And no I did not cheat my ban. It was cleared and I was able to get back on just before the holiday season.

Thankfully it seems as if Head-Fi is a more welcoming community then when I first joined and got replies like, "I have too much expensive equipment to care about what insignificant $100 dollar headphones you want just use the search function"

At least now people ask the op to specify more and then suggest headphones that they can do some research on. Which is good. 

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #12 of 13
Well, out of all the talking I don't think I saw a solution to your problem so here's one that might work. Try rubber banding the headband together on opposite sides to squeeze them together. You could try doing this with your hands as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back