ATH M50 headband size concerns
Jan 17, 2012 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
I'm considering the ATH M50 as a new go-to commuter headphone, paired with an SR-71 amp from Walkman E-Series line out. My biggest concern is the size of the headband. You ever see the movie "Megamind"? My skull is about the size of Megamind's. For reference, I have a pair of Sony V6 and for them to fit, the headband has to be extended to 11 (yes, the V6 goes to 11)--even then I had to bend the headband a little.

Will the M50 be to small for my Megamind?

Jan 17, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
I'm considering the ATH M50 as a new go-to commuter headphone, paired with an SR-71 amp from Walkman E-Series line out. My biggest concern is the size of the headband. You ever see the movie "Megamind"? My skull is about the size of Megamind's. For reference, I have a pair of Sony V6 and for them to fit, the headband has to be extended to 11 (yes, the V6 goes to 11)--even then I had to bend the headband a little.

Will the M50 be to small for my Megamind?

I have a smallish head, and it still has considerably uncomfortable clamping force after a long time. While I do believe they'd technically fit you head, you may find it almost unbearable.

Jan 17, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 5
Yes they do go pretty large and may fit, but I agree with ^.

My head is basically average and I listen to them comfortably for at least 2 hourson the smallest size though, I'm using them right now, I just set them to the biggest size and the bottom of each cup is on the middle of my neck if that helps.

Idk they will probably fit.

Jan 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks!

Is the headband all plastic or is it metal?

My head isn't as wide as it is tall. I suppose I should just git Guitar Center and try them myself.

Jan 17, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #5 of 5
I personally felt that the big minus factor with the M50's in comfort department was the headband pressure on top of the head. Feel that it didn't distribute the weight equally on the head and that the headband wasn't sufficiently padded... bothered me enough to sell it (though I loved its sound) and opt for the DT770's instead. It's not going to be a problem with everybody, but something to keep in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back