ATH-M50 advice for new owner.
May 26, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #50 of 57
Congrats on your purchase.  Hope you enjoy them as much as I do mine.  I have even been getting into them more lately while they are paired up the with the Fiio E5.  They definitely do not need amplification, but they are quite crisp with the E5. 

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Quote:
After much anticipation my M50s have arrived today and i am currently letting them burn in for a bit while im working out. I'll be back with my thoughts later.

May 26, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #51 of 57

Quote:
Congrats on your purchase.  Hope you enjoy them as much as I do mine.  I have even been getting into them more lately while they are paired up the with the Fiio E5.  They definitely do not need amplification, but they are quite crisp with the E5. 

Looking forward to your thoughts.

I was thinking about buying the Fiio E5 because it is only 20$, I know these headphones don't really need an amp to sound good but if it has a significant difference for 20$ I may buy one. Do you think it made that significant of a difference.

May 26, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #52 of 57
me and my brother both have m50s on the fiio e5s. we love them man, definetely worth the 20$ it lets us drop sound volumes on the creative lab cards we use to something that is not outputting slightly distorted sound and lets me turn the amp up to compensate and with the extra bass boost from the fiio and minimal eq mixing, I'm in love. you won't regret it
beyersmile.png

May 26, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #53 of 57
jack95 <- you must be my alter ego or something.
I wasn't able to read your posts before i posted mine but we are basically in the same situation,
even with the amps haha

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/494027/new-ath-m50 <- my post made around 5 hours ago.

May 26, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #54 of 57

Quote:
jack95 <- you must be my alter ego or something.
I wasn't able to read your posts before i posted mine but we are basically in the same situation,
even with the amps haha

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/494027/new-ath-m50 <- my post made around 5 hours ago.

Lol, ya a lot of people have been making threads about getting the M50s, I probably saw like five or six on the first two or three pages.

May 26, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #55 of 57
That's cause its FOTM :p Currently, when someone needs a <100 can we all pipe up "M50!" Oh, sorry, was that an open headphone you needed?

May 29, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #57 of 57
Good to hear you're finding them worth the money :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back