ATH-M50 advice for new owner.
May 12, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #31 of 57
you people are so lame...
tongue.gif

May 16, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #34 of 57
Bad news. Apparently amazon hasnt recieved a shipment confirmation from the company that i bought from through amazon. I hope it doesnt make me wait any longer for these phones

May 16, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #37 of 57

Quote:
cananybody point on a certain change after some burn in? I have mine burned in for 30 hours and no change so far. 

From my personal experience, the m50s do not need burn in. My M50's had a slight change in the treble and bass from burn in. Treble softened out and became a bit darker, bass tightened up and became harder. But this was a very, very small change and I wouldn't be surprised if you missed it.

May 16, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #38 of 57

Quote:
i read somewheree that microwaving your hp's for a 30 secs is equalvalent to hundreds of burn in hours....HAHA.

Still prefer the "safer" method, if you get me.

My atrios,ie8,m50,esw9,dt231,hd650 all went thru burn in. I just continously play music at nite while i was in slumberland

Them's fighting words!

Be careful posting stuff like this... you never know if some new budding audiophile a few years later might actually take this seriously. Someone just might bake their spanking new Beyer T1.

May 17, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #41 of 57

Quote:

From my personal experience, the m50s do not need burn in. My M50's had a slight change in the treble and bass from burn in. Treble softened out and became a bit darker, bass tightened up and became harder. But this was a very, very small change and I wouldn't be surprised if you missed it.

I have also experienced those changes.  just the right changes to make them sound right,
the treble becomes soft and less metalic sounding,and the bass gets tightened.

May 17, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #42 of 57
Quote:
i read somewheree that microwaving your hp's for a 30 secs is equalvalent to hundreds of burn in hours....HAHA.

Must have been posted around here. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 20, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #44 of 57
Ok here is an update. I had gotten an e-mail from the third party 2 days ago explaining that my shipment was on back order and that it should ship in the next 48 hrs. Tip for all you guys buying from amazon, don't let streamline audio be your seller.

May 20, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #45 of 57

Quote:
I have the Bose Q2 and was thinking of getting the M50. Will the sound on the M50 be better than the old Bose Q2's? I don't care about noise cancellation. 

I have not heard the Q2's but I used to own the Q3's.  If they are similar, then I would say you should really like the M50.  The thing I remember about my Q3's is that they mids were really washed away by the bass.  Just really lacked detail.  They were great for isolation though! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back