ATH-ES7 vs. ATH-SQ5
Jul 15, 2008 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nickrobotron

100+ Head-Fier
These are probably the two coolest looking headphones on the market, IMO. I've read so much about the ES7 and am thinking of buying a pair, but I'd like to know more about the SQ5 since they're a little cheaper, and a little sweeter looking. Has anyone heard both pairs? Also interested in a comfort comparison. Thanks!

nick

Jul 15, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 6
SQ5 sweeter looking than the ES7!?
eek.gif
Well I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

More relevant: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/aud...th-sq5-273545/

A user found the SQ5 a step below the ES7 in SQ.

Jul 15, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #4 of 6
I was scouting around for headphones today (yeah, I see this is an expensive hobby to get into!) and I came across the ES7s and I'll so be getting a pair in white when money is available. Lovely looking cans.

Jul 16, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickrobotron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are probably the two coolest looking headphones on the market, IMO. I've read so much about the ES7 and am thinking of buying a pair, but I'd like to know more about the SQ5 since they're a little cheaper, and a little sweeter looking. Has anyone heard both pairs? Also interested in a comfort comparison. Thanks!

nick

I also thought that the SQ5 looked better than the ES7-- until I saw them in person. The ES7 also sound distinctly better to my ear. I don't think I could live with the SQ5 knowing that the ES7 was out there, and not so very much more expensive.

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #6 of 6
Definitely the ES7, unless you have some burning desire for the rectangular shape of the SQ5. The prices of both are close enough to make it irrelevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back