ATH-ES7: Any good?
Mar 8, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #17 of 31
I wouldn't judge off the inital sound. I know my Denons changed a lot by 25 hours and are now at 60 hours and sound better yet.

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by fghtffyrobesity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't judge off the inital sound. I know my Denons changed a lot by 25 hours and are now at 60 hours and sound better yet.

I'm just hoping they have a demo there so burn in has already occured.

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by blehbleh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If its important, the es7's are not glasses friendly, even with the headband mod. Oh god the pain...

Really? Oh damn it... Which part causes this discomfort?

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #24 of 31
I don't mean you answer for him, but I thought I would just try and get you an answer as fast as possible.

Since the clamping pressure on the ES7's are quite strong, they push against the things wire (the part that bends when you close it....like....what sits on your ears) and then against your head. If that made sense O_O

Mar 8, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by fghtffyrobesity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't mean you answer for him, but I thought I would just try and get you an answer as fast as possible.

Since the clamping pressure on the ES7's are quite strong, they push against the things wire (the part that bends when you close it....like....what sits on your ears) and then against your head. If that made sense O_O

I understand what you mean :/ The clamping (Which I don't want) pushes against the frame of the glasses.

Mar 9, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The link was in post 7: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/rev...mpared-250041/

Anyway, I think there's a shop that sells them and hopefully I might be able to audition them.

Yeah, Sorry; I should have known that thread as it was Lamprologus's comment that no matter what the 25-1 were corded with, that he'd still prefer the ES-7, that made me buy the ES-7. The only bad thing about it, is bending the side clamps ever so slightly on each side as well as bending the headband to round it off more, there still slightly painful after 2+ hrs, especially with glasses. With the 25-1 I stacked up about 10 DVD cases and rested the 25-1 on each end which stretched them to the perfect extreme for 6 hrs and now they don't bother me 4+ hrs later. Between the two I think I would still go with the 25-1 because better comfort, isolation, cord upgradability, and ironically, being cheap-looking so less theft inducing. The ES-7 are way too flashy for wearing anyplace nowadays sadly. In Chicago you could wear them on Michigan Ave., but not on State St. or you'd have a knife at your back in 10 minutes.

Mar 9, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #27 of 31
Yes, the es7 still clamp on your head decently strong. It pushes your ear backwards, where your ear will push against the frame of the glasses. It especially hurts after a while where the phones are pushing your ears against the part of the glasses that bends down, right behind your ear.

I know that was not the most descriptive way to put it, but I hope you know what I mean.

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by sil-80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how's the bass on the es7?

It's good, other closed backs from Denon and Ultrasone has more bass, but the ES7 is not lacking in bass nor is it as polite and unfun as that of the A700/A900. I think that SQ wise they win the D1001 too, with superior mids and superior highs (although some will find the D1001 too harsh).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back