ATH-AD700 (some pics)
Aug 9, 2004 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Takashi

500+ Head-Fier
Just bought ATH-AD700, Audio Technica "AIR" series.

pers1.jpg

cup.jpg

pivot.jpg

I just started listening so I can't say much but it has good balance except for a little bright highs, and it sounds "airy" --- probably a little distant sounding and less details than something like A900.
And I noticed the size of earcup is the same as A900, and they are not the same as AD5/7/9/10, which are smaller and oval. And I'm very curious that none of the AT headphones "series" share common pivot and 3D wing parts, despite they are all made with the same design concept (and look the same).

Aug 9, 2004 at 3:59 PM Post #2 of 33
That's a very nice looking set of cans. Once they burn in I'd love to hear your impressions of these versus some other phones you've heard as there is relatively little in the way of opinions of the air series, besides one poor review on audiocubes that IMO lacks credibility. Also little details like percieved build quality and level of comfort would rock. Keep us posted Takashi and congrats on your new acquisition.

Aug 9, 2004 at 4:50 PM Post #4 of 33
How much do they weight? Are they as heavy as the A500/A900?

Aug 9, 2004 at 5:23 PM Post #5 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by highflyin9
That's a very nice looking set of cans. Once they burn in I'd love to hear your impressions of these versus some other phones you've heard as there is relatively little in the way of opinions of the air series, besides one poor review on audiocubes that IMO lacks credibility. Also little details like percieved build quality and level of comfort would rock. Keep us posted Takashi and congrats on your new acquisition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by md01
Interesting. Post impressions when ready.

Thanks for showing interest but I pretty much gave up on reviews/impressions, as very few people seems to care and I'm not a good writer anyway. But if I develop some thought in time, I would love to share it with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvergun
How much do they weight? Are they as heavy as the A500/A900?

They don't call it "AIR" for nothing. It's feather light 280g (9.9oz) whereas A900 weighs lead heavy 350g (12oz). (J/K, numbers are true.)

Aug 9, 2004 at 6:47 PM Post #7 of 33
hmmm how does AD700 sound compare to AD 10???

Aug 9, 2004 at 7:53 PM Post #8 of 33
Please post your impressions, as I'm at least one person who's interested in your review. I've been wanting to know some more about these phone's after that guy's sh#tacular review on audiocubes.
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2004 at 10:47 PM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by dassbaba
how much were they?

Street price in Japan varies from $110 to $130. (I bought at a shop that had price tag of $130, used shop's "discount point" and paid $75.
wink.gif
)

As for sound department, I would post something when I can....

Aug 10, 2004 at 4:25 AM Post #12 of 33
Is it just me or does anyone else find Audio-Technicas extreme amount of headphone models and variations confusing. Until just recently, I was unaware that AT even offered an AIR series, now I see they have four different AIR models which look almost identical to one-another: AD5, AD7, AD9 and AD10, with prices varying about $50 per model and nebulous improvments. I feel so out of the loop with AT phones.

Aug 10, 2004 at 4:27 AM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by highflyin9
Is it just me or does anyone else find Audio-Technicas extreme amount of headphone models and variations confusing. Until just recently, I was unaware that AT even offered an AIR series, now I see they have four different AIR models which look almost identical to one-another: AD5, AD7, AD9 and AD10, with prices varying about $50 per model and nebulous improvments. I feel so out of the loop with AT phones.

I am just lost with the PRO series and AIR series.....
but, since I rather pay attention to ART and Wood series, I really don't get a headache
smily_headphones1.gif

btw, does anyone know whether AD700 or AD 10 is a better headphone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back