ATH-AD700 for $89 - is this old news?
Jul 22, 2009 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

indydieselnut

500+ Head-Fier
Sorry if this is old news, but I just bought a pair of these headphones from J&R for $89. From the love that this 'phone gets from many people around here, this seemed like an amazing price.

I just wanted to share in case it isn't old news and people want to jump on it. I've been looking for a comfortable 'phone for unamped listening out of my iPod Classic 120 for lunchtime at work. This seemed to fit the bill for a great price, IMHO.

Cheers!

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooooh, this is your chance hurryup!

LOL OMG, he already got them a week or so ago.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooooh, this is your chance hurryup!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL OMG, he already got them a week or so ago.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

IIRC he wanted to pick them up for 60 or something like that, but it's too late now.
tongue.gif

I'd bet he sends them back before he gets used to them. Took me a good few weeks before they stopped sounding harsh as heck to me.

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #5 of 23
lol

Does the AD700 even sound harsh to began with. Sounds pretty fine to me though KONAKONA.

But still, I somewhat missed those days hurryup posts everywhere hailing the AD700. Teh irony.
tongue.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 23
Okay, I'll bite...everyone just making fun of me? The very title of the post suggests that I'm open to being told that this isn't a big deal...which it seems it isn't.

Good enough for me. Mods - feel free to delete original post.

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by indydieselnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, I'll bite...everyone just making fun of me? The very title of the post suggests that I'm open to being told that this isn't a big deal...which it seems it isn't.

Haha no no.. It ain't on you. The joke's about a forummer named 'hurryup' here. If you track back his post you'll get it. Haha.

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by qawsedrf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol

Does the AD700 even sound harsh to began with. Sounds pretty fine to me though KONAKONA.

But still, I somewhat missed those days hurryup posts everywhere hailing the AD700. Teh irony.
tongue.gif

Sounded real harsh in the highs to me, it might have been the pads/clamp or the fact that I really hadn't dealt with cans that had pronounced highs before. I bought my MS1s and AD700s at the same time, and for the first few weeks I very much preferred the MS1s to the AD700s, now it's the other way around.

Quote:

I bought mine for 99$ IIRC, anything under 90 is a really good deal IMO.

Jul 22, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #10 of 23
Okay, thanks for the clarification! I don't mind someone taking a jab at me in fun, I just didn't quite get it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #11 of 23
[size=xx-small]Is $64.95 w/free shipping a better deal?[/size]

At Beach Camera

Your welcome!

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Sorry if this is old news, but I just bought a pair of these headphones from J&R for $89. From the love that this 'phone gets from many people around here, this seemed like an amazing price.

They were selling for $80 on Amazon (direct) about 3 months ago, and I passed. But I just ordered them on Monday for $89, so you and I should be getting them about the same time.

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #15 of 23
I'm considering these as a cheaper alternative to ATH-AD900's, only cans I've got experience with in depth is my HD205's (hated) and MDR-V6 (love), would these be a good fit for me or should I just wait for a sale on the more bassy ATH-AD900?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back