ATH-A900 size: HOW big?
Jan 16, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #16 of 23
They're huge, but there also very comfortable.

Jan 16, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
, but almost anything is smaller than CD3k's.

Hmm... perhaps the K1000?

Jan 16, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... perhaps the K1000?

Or the R10, Jecklin's, Ergo's, and of course the infamous Surrounder! Where's Duggeh when you need him?!
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2007 at 7:51 AM Post #20 of 23
They seem to be the size of the DT 770:s? That is also almost as big as a DVD Disc
smily_headphones1.gif

For me that is a good thing because I have big ears and it hurts like heck if it´s getting squeezed by headphones...

Jan 16, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The A900's are definitely smaller than the CD3000's. They are much lower-profile, so they don't stick out of your head like some kind of alien technology, and lack the huge floating headband several inches above the head. Still pretty big as most headphones go, but almost anything is smaller than CD3k's.

many many thanks to Iron_Dreamer for answering my question. you just made my day!!! also to Azure for his effort which also helped!

I need them to be as you've described in comparison to cd3k's and obviously I knew they are big. I was frustrated that noone could understand what I was asking, until your post. I ordered yesterday thinking it was lower profile/less bizzare looking then the sony's but then I read some descriptions I had missed before I ordered and was really worried I'd blown it. but I am again really looking forward to having them as an outer ear alternative to my E500's at work. the cd3k's were just too crazy looking at work. I had used akg 271's with an amp in the past but never liked their sound signature, so I'm hoping the a900's will do the trick.

Jan 16, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #22 of 23
DAMN THOSE ARE HUGE

i guess it wouldn't look too bad on someone's head though. they're a "bit" bigger than some other full sized headphones though =DDDDD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back