AT W1000 predictions & thoughts
Nov 16, 2002 at 8:00 AM Post #16 of 31
ServinginEcuador,

I hope the newer AT headphones sound awful!!! So I can be proud with my A100ti!

wink.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 8:03 AM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by purk
ServinginEcuador,

wink.gif

Purk

LOL!!!! I hope you still enjoy those cans after the reviews flood in and rave about how good the newer cans are. Seriously!! The worst thing to do is buy somethnig, and then te company you just bought from releases the newer version which is better AND costs less money. I hate when that happens!! As long s you love those cans, enjoy them and use 'em til they wear out and you have to replace them. (Yeah, like that'll ever happen to anyone here on this forum!!!)
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 8:07 AM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by purk

i hope the newer A-T headphones sound unbelievably awesome!!! So we can be proud that they totally surpass and crush the A100Ti!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 8:13 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by kin3tix
i hope the newer A-T headphones sound unbelievably awesome!!! So we can be proud that they totally surpass and crush the A100Ti!
very_evil_smiley.gif

You are an unusually cruel person Kin3Tix!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Would that be due to the fact that you are planning on getting a pair of these new cans soon???? Hmm!

Nov 16, 2002 at 8:20 AM Post #20 of 31
lol. i was just kidding servinginecuador. oh yes, i am going to be a part of A-T sometime for sure sooner or later
smily_headphones1.gif
, and it would be pointless to bash on the phones' teammates (..eh, weaker teammates
tongue.gif
). just kidding, just kidding.
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 8:29 AM Post #21 of 31
WE all know you're kidding. But it sure is fun to banter back and forth sometimes, huh?? And I'll be betting you'll be part of Team AT much sooner than later by the way!! I know I am going to probably order the W1000's tomorrow just to make sure I get them, break them in, and compare them to my Senn 600s before leaving. I would have to get them so close to leaving that I sell the Senns and hate the ATs. But, such is the life I lead!!!

Good talkin' atcha!!

Nov 16, 2002 at 8:39 AM Post #22 of 31
yeah, i can say that it could be fun to banter back and forth at times. i just think purk has been building some jealousy from all of the A-T posts
biggrin.gif
. team A-T: sooner if the funds exists, if not, then there's later, christmas time. servinginecuador, did you and your wallet give in? heheh, i probably would at this point, but my wallet restricts me because it isn't big enough for it. i think an a/b with the hd-600s would be interesting. when are you leaving btw?

Nov 16, 2002 at 8:40 AM Post #23 of 31
Guys,
Go team AT!! I would love to hear that the A1000ti and W1000 are great headphones. I really love the way my A100ti sounds, but well.....just for the sake of newer models, I hope they sound as good as my A100ti.
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif
By the way, who will get the A1000ti, and W1000.

Purk

P.S.
I thought that that the W1000 is a sister model of the W2002. Sadly, it is a replacment for the W100.

Nov 16, 2002 at 10:11 AM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by kin3tix
yeah, i can say that it could be fun to banter back and forth at times. i just think purk has been building some jealousy from all of the A-T posts
biggrin.gif
. team A-T: sooner if the funds exists, if not, then there's later, christmas time. servinginecuador, did you and your wallet give in? heheh, i probably would at this point, but my wallet restricts me because it isn't big enough for it. i think an a/b with the hd-600s would be interesting. when are you leaving btw?

We leave Jan 14th early in the morning. Once that day hits my posts per day average will hit near 0.01!!! They charge by the minute to use the phones in Latin America, and we need to keep our spending to a minimum, so luxuries like internet access will be cut down to a couple of short trips a week to the internet cafes that are all over the city. They're about $1/hour, so it's more affordable!!

I also look forward to some serious a/b time between the two headphones as i have loved the Senn 600s. I also find that they can be bettered by some of the newer cans quite handily!!!! Especially those wonderful AT's I keep hearing so much about. I'm sure that there are lots of people here who would love to have a comparison between these cans. I'm one of them!!!

Nov 16, 2002 at 1:45 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Uh oh!! Hopefull these new cans make better use of the anacronym than the A900s did!!!! I would hate to buy a set of these and have the low end disappear from the music. I happen to like bass and would get rid of these cans if they don't have it, or diminish it.

Oh no. They have bass, it's just that I didint see a huge improvement from non-DADS phones on the amps that I have. However I did as a matter of curiousity turn up the bass EQ on the computer this morning and they do produce big bass (just wear a thick hoodie, an A900 on top of that, adjust the treble down a tiny bit, turn up the bass control and you have a Sony V700
biggrin.gif
). So if a multiple personality headphone is what floats your boat, the DADS might be a good thing.

Nov 16, 2002 at 2:47 PM Post #26 of 31
bangraman
HI: I whent to audiocubes web site and e-mail support and said that I just bought the ATH-A100ti annaversary cans and now they come out with the A1000 and will they sound much better than the A100 cans or will my A100 sound as good as the A1000 cans? I am waiting for a replay.

Nov 16, 2002 at 3:49 PM Post #28 of 31
Here is to hoping it has more in common with the W2002 than the W100.

Nov 16, 2002 at 4:01 PM Post #29 of 31
I'd be content if the W1000 was as musical, forgiving and singing as the W100. And it sure looks great, better than the W100 I'd say. But I am a bit worried that the DADS feature makes the internal structure of the enclosure more complex. This could mean sacrificing some cohesion for better extension at the frequency extremes.

Nov 16, 2002 at 9:00 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Oh no. They have bass, it's just that I didint see a huge improvement from non-DADS phones on the amps that I have. However I did as a matter of curiousity turn up the bass EQ on the computer this morning and they do produce big bass (just wear a thick hoodie, an A900 on top of that, adjust the treble down a tiny bit, turn up the bass control and you have a Sony V700
biggrin.gif
). So if a multiple personality headphone is what floats your boat, the DADS might be a good thing.

oh, thank god. good to know that they have bass
biggrin.gif
. what do you mean by a "multiple personality" headphone? it's suited for a wide variety of music?? and btw, nice little joke about the v700s
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back