At a Crossroads
Mar 9, 2006 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

grawk

Itinerant Miscreant
My custom balanced M3 is ALMOST finished, I've heard a LOT of great gear, and will have something approaching an endgame rig in a matter of weeks. But I'm finding myself extremely happy just listening to the ATH-W10VTGs directly out of my shuffle. Now, I'm thinking to myself, why do I have $5k in headphone gear if I'm happy listening otherwise? Part of me says "but the PS3000 etc sound spectacular, and you've spent so much time putting it all together", and it'd be hard to replace, etc. But then another part of me says "screw that, you're happy with your $500 setup, sell it all". Someone talk me out of putting my gear on the market...

Mar 9, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #2 of 5
Don't do it. This puny $500 setup is just fooling you with it's inexpensive wiley charms. If you sell the big stuff you will regret it and have to start over at an even higher rate of expenditure to compensate. How could anyone be satisfied with suck lowly standards
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

This is just a test, you're testing us, Ahahahaha, that's it. You're not *really* happy, you just want to gauge the reactions in here to your supposed aquired lunacy. Phew, for a moment there I thought you were serious.

Mar 9, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 5
That happens to me on occasion; Sometimes I'd plug my SR-60's into the headphone jack of my ipod and wonder why the hell I bothered with a set up that's way more expensive. a couple of days later I come to my senses =D

Mar 9, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #4 of 5
Put your gear on the market. There's a lot of time wasted acquiring more gear. You should be listening to music anyway.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #5 of 5
Stick with what you are happy with and join the Team ATOWF
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back