ASUS XONAR XENSE + YAMAHA HS80M STUDIO MONITORS = WORKS????????
Jun 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

lenon76

New Head-Fier
Hi guys!!!

I'm from brazil.. sorry for my english

I have a XONAR XENSE asus soundcard, and I want to buy 1 pair of yamaha hs80m studio monitors, I heard on other forum that there's a buzz sound connecting the yamaha monitors directly to the asus xonar xense..

I'm total noob and don't even know where to connect the speakers to the sound card

if I can't connect directly.. wich would be the better option then??

please some advice

thank you brothers

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #3 of 11
Where exactly is that stated? Was it just a defect product the guys unfortunately received? I have never heard the HS80M have problem with an asus card.

I would suspect the cabl between the HS80M of that idividual to be of poor quality, broken or the jack was broken.

Jun 21, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #7 of 11
thanks man...

I see on other sites that the cable xlr is the best in sound quality and there's no noise

but I would need some interface to connect

my computer ===>> soundcard xonar xense====>> interface with xlr===>> hs80m

my computer====>> interface with xlr=====hs80m

some advice??

wich is the better price/quality interface with xlr connection???

thank you guys...

Jun 21, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #8 of 11
Você pode usar um cabo RCA com um adaptador RCA para XLR. Encontra em qualque loja de audio e instrumentos musicais.
No Ebay há muitas opçãoes. Também pode encontrar no Mercadolivre. Já vi em várias lojas na internet.
Tem cabos com terminações RCA e na outra extremidade XLR.
Você vai perceber que é muito fácil conectar.
Abraço.

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
thanks man...

I see on other sites that the cable xlr is the best in sound quality and there's no noise

but I would need some interface to connect

my computer ===>> soundcard xonar xense====>> interface with xlr===>> hs80m

my computer====>> interface with xlr=====hs80m

some advice??

wich is the better price/quality interface with xlr connection???

thank you guys...

You don't really need to use the XLR connection. You can use a RCA - Tip Sleeve phono connector. This is the simplest option & avoids the use of outside electronics plus you need to ground the unused terminal & the Tip Sleeve phono connector does that for you.

XLR does not guarrentee best qualty sound or even no noise. It does in many cases offer reduced noise but there is no clear winner as far as sound qualty from unbalanced RCA or XLR balanced connection. It really depends on the gear in question. I get superb results with going the simplest route. The STX/ST cards are superb cards

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #10 of 11
Hi. I'm from Brazil too. And I also have a Xonar Xense combined with a pair of HS80M. What a coincidence! :)

What you need to plug these monitors in your Xense is this. Just plug the P2 (i.e. 3.5mm) on the front speaker output (lime color) of your Xense, and each P10 (i.e. 6.4mm) on each HS80M. It's very simple.

And about the hiss coming from the tweeters, it's true, and it doesn't have anything to do with the cables or the sound card. In fact, you can hear it even without any cable plugged, and doesn't matter the volume you set. More about this here and here and here and here and finally here:

Quote:
Hey fellow HS80M owner here! I noticed the same problem when I got mine. Yamaha USA's position is that the slight hissing results from the active speaker design. They wouldn't send me a replacement pair as this is a documented issue.

It seems that there's nothing we can do about it. :frowning2:

BTW, que tópico é esse que você leu? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back