Asus Xonar STX vs. Auzentech Forte vs. Portable DAC/AMP
Nov 16, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #46 of 49
There are pages and pages of posts from members saying the STX is a great card.
You have to watch forums sometimes, as some people post negative opinions for many reasons and they usually have nothing to do with the actual product.

When you have a chance to test your new soundcards post your impressions.

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #47 of 49
Yeah, I know. I've researched, and I frequent Overclock.net and they say it's a great card as well.

I guess I could also provide impressions. Honestly, my audiophile level is quite low. My set up is an old Yamaha Receiver, and my headphones are Sennheiser HD201s. Decent enough, I guess.

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #49 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ele1122 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I know. I've researched, and I frequent Overclock.net and they say it's a great card as well.

I guess I could also provide impressions. Honestly, my audiophile level is quite low. My set up is an old Yamaha Receiver, and my headphones are Sennheiser HD201s. Decent enough, I guess.

Happy listening.

I think you will like the STX very much. The headphone out of the STX card should be at a whole new level of performance from the Yamaha reciever. You can use the front panel out even with the onboard headphone amp.

The only issue I had with that was the channels were reversed on my case front panel out. Fortunately my case connector also had non captive connections as well so I was able to wire it correctly for the STX front panel headphone out. You can still adjust the gain for this out proving that is is coming off the internal headphone amp & not the buffer. Even if you select the front panel speaker out which does use the buffer amp instead the sound is pretty muct identical except gain is about 6db higher than the lowest setting of the headphone amp & 6db softer than the middle setting for the headphone amp making direct fast switch comparisons impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back