ASUS Xonar STX or AUDIOTRAK Prodigy HD2 ADVANCE DE? Help please.
Sep 10, 2013 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

NoGood

Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a sound card for my PC to get better audio quality than the onboard sound ( Realtek ALC892) from my Asrock H77 pro 4 mvp.

Which is would be best value for money and which is better?

It would be used for music, tv shows, movies, and gaming, in that particular order.

The HD2 can be had for $100 from ebay including shipping to my country whereas the STX is $170 including shipping to my country.

I have the money and can easily buy the STX but if I'm getting much better sound for the money on the HD2, why not? I'll be using a pair of Senn HD 558 with them.

Any help/feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks :)

Sep 10, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #2 of 2
  Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a sound card for my PC to get better audio quality than the on-board sound ( Realtek ALC892) from my Asrock H77 pro 4 mvp.
Which is would be best value for money and which is better?
It would be used for music, tv shows, movies, and gaming, in that particular order.
The HD2 can be had for $100 from ebay including shipping to my country whereas the STX is $170 including shipping to my country.
I have the money and can easily buy the STX but if I'm getting much better sound for the money on the HD2, why not? I'll be using a pair of Senn HD 558 with them.
Any help/feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks :)

The Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 uses an older audio processor (Envy HT24-S)
That card might do well for music audio, but the gaming support may be a little dated.
I believe the EnvyHT24-S audio processor came out around 15 years ago
I would say to go for the Essence STX,
The Sound Blaster Z would be a good value and it sells for around the same price as the Prodigy HD2.

Have you removed the black rubber tape from inside the cups of the HD558,
it should improve (maybe slightly) mids, sound stage and treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back