Asus Xonar H6 daughter card and bit perfect drivers vaporware?
Nov 19, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
look, it's me biting my tongue:
panda31.gif

I've just been confirmed by the Xonar Product Manager that bit-perfect/bit-matched drivers are coming, and the standalone H6 are also shipping
smily_headphones1.gif

..I think this info a bit obvious as this point wouldn't you say?

There is information posted in the ASUS forum for awhile saying that autosample rate drivers are on the schedule and it has been posted in the ST thread by a few guys the H6 boards have been confirmed shipping by distributors.

Nov 19, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..I think this info a bit obvious as this point wouldn't you say?

There is information posted in the ASUS forum for awhile saying that autosample rate drivers are on the schedule and it has been posted in the ST thread by a few guys the H6 boards have been confirmed shipping by distributors.

It's not obvious unless we are searching other forums. Why do you post in many forums about your reviews at Guru3d? It should be "obvious" that your review is up if we go to Guru3d. I go the the Asus forums every few days. Where does it say that autosample rate drivers are finally being released?

Nov 19, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #33 of 38
In these forums. Few guys that are waiting for the H6 already posted distributors confirmed it on the way.
LeePerry was told awhile back that these drivers are on the schedule after he bugged and bothered the moderators there... You at the forum everyday, you should have seen it.
The information has never changed, ever few weeks Lee says what he just said about the drivers. Then he gets mad again, trolls over the STX/ST threads for awhile and the cycle repeats.
Also, I usually never mention my reviews at other sites. Unless the information is exclusive, sneak peaks or other informaiton...

Nov 19, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by mojave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The datasheet doesn't indicate which frequencies are supported. However, if it supports 44.1 I think it would support 88.2 and 176.4. The HT Omega Claro uses the same audio chipset. I asked their customer support if 88.2 and 176.4 was a software or hardware limitation. Here is the reply:

yes, both the Claro and Essence cards share the same C-Media windows drivers...if Asus has them, it's only a matter of time before HT Omega does too..but don't put your hopes too high for 88.2/176.4, it'll already be damn good if 44.1/48/96 are automatically bitmatched over KS/ASIO/WASAPI
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

It's not obvious unless we are searching other forums. Why do you post in many forums about your reviews at Guru3d? It should be "obvious" that your review is up if we go to Guru3d. I go the the Asus forums every few days. Where does it say that autosample rate drivers are finally being released?

don't worry, he's just got a bad case of inferiority complex, he's pretty upset that I get informations straight from Asus...he was hoping to become the Asus "god" on several forums(hoping for some retribution apart from free review samples maybe? and possibly become a mod here?
biggrin.gif
), he's been on my ignore list for ages
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #36 of 38
What About:
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you wanna ask about the H6 availabilty, I can give you the email of the Xonar product manager...who promised me bit-perfect drivers 6 months ago, so yes vaporware to the bone!

So are they coming or they are not?
Seems you have zero idea...one minute they are the next minute they are vaporware according to you.

Dec 28, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

I called ASUS this morning to check on the US distribution of the H6. I was told that it will probably be released in the next 1-2 months in the US.

There were a few guys from Europe and ASIA that suggested they were on the way to those places. Until then I guess people are using the H6 from the HDAV 1.3.
Atelast I have seen a few guys aorund here doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back