Asus Xonar Essence One
May 13, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #16 of 21

Hello,

hope you can help me... I have bought Xonar Essence One from the seller in Poland.

Card got bricked after a firmware upgrade, common problem with those cards, it seems. Of course, I used official firmware, followed all instructions and such.

Now... I don't have any contact with the original seller (item was bought in Poland, where I live, got a receipt), local Assus support replied that, looking at the serial number, card was meant for distribution in France, therefore local warranty does not apply here. Not sure how the seller got it and sold it here, bottom line is - here I am with a piece of expensive brick and Asus basically telling me to p...ss off, based on the serial no I gave them.

Looks like I'm totally f...d on this one. Is there any way to "unbrick" the card by re-flashing the chip somehow or clearing its memory ? All it shows is a combination of front panel LEDs, different combination is on, every time its powered on. Computer discovers the card, but cant download new firmware, as it cant go into "service mode" (3 red LEDs on).

It was hard enough to get any reply from Asus, let alone actual help and support...so far I can't recommend this product to anyone, however it sounded great while it worked and I'm really picky when it comes to sound and musicality of my audio equipment.

I will really appreciate any help from you ! (just dont tell me to travel to France just to get it exchanged...)

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #18 of 21
  Just got my Essence One - initially had USB firmware 107 on and I updated it to 111.

However I can't get the MCU to update. The EOne_127.exe program cannot seem to "Connect" when I press the button. I get "Receive Data Fail!! Please Update F/W Again. -- 0xae --".

Same here, it came with Firmware 107 then I updated it successfuly to 111 but then when I try to do the MCU update, I get the same error for no damn reason. I'm on Windows 8 64bit and have all the latest drivers and updates so I don't get it as I've done nothing wrong yet it won't "connect". Very strange...

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #19 of 21
  Same here, it came with Firmware 107 then I updated it successfuly to 111 but then when I try to do the MCU update, I get the same error for no damn reason. I'm on Windows 8 64bit and have all the latest drivers and updates so I don't get it as I've done nothing wrong yet it won't "connect". Very strange...

I had the same trouble.   Just keep retrying and it will eventually take....don't close the update window just hit update again...

May 18, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #21 of 21
Hi paveu27,

I know it's been a while, but I am quite curious how did you resolved your bricked EEPROM issue? Have you bought DSD upgrade kit which comes with a new EEPROM chip or did you RMA the device to ASUS FR or TW?

Thanks,
Raul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back