Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser+Fiio E6=better sq?
Apr 2, 2012 at 10:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mtolgae

New Head-Fier
Hi! I have an Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD 555 on my PC and use only my headphones, no speakers at all. I use it for music, no dolby tweaks, etc. just stereo. I found an e6 with a very resonable price.

So:

- Will a Fiio E6 improve my sound quality, bass/mid etc. or just increase the volume (which is of no use since I already have enough)?

- I see e6 is a USB charged device and designed mainly for portable devices. I've read it's battery goes almost for 10 hours of usage. Will I be able to use it always connected to my PC's USB port?

I am aware of the fact that there are much better setups and amps/dacs around, but since I'm short of money ATM, I'm not interested in pricy suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

P.S. I don't know much about these issues. So sorry if I am wrong. Not a native speaker BTW.

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolgae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

- Will a Fiio E6 improve my sound quality, bass/mid etc. or just increase the volume (which is of no use since I already have enough)?

It will likely change the bass, and make it tighter and less boomy. Although it is not guaranteed you will prefer the sound with the E6.

Quote:
- I see e6 is a USB charged device and designed mainly for portable devices. I've read it's battery goes almost for 10 hours of usage. Will I be able to use it always connected to my PC's USB port?

Yes, you can use it while the battery is being recharged via USB, but note that when you turn the PC off, the E6 will not automatically turn itself off, and if you forget about it, it can drain the battery.

Apr 2, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the reply stv014. The link you provided has a great review. Having no auto shutdown is an important problem for me. Apparently the sq won't probably change drastically on PC either. Thanks for saving my money :)

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Apparently the sq won't probably change drastically on PC either.

Well, it would make some difference, since the Xonar DX has an output impedance of 100 Ohm, and the sound of the Sennheiser HD5xx models is audibly affected by that, mainly in the bass range.Of course, if you find the sound to be good as it is, there is no need to change it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back