ASUS Xonar DGX 5.1 configuration
Jul 17, 2012 at 10:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

HIRVI

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I just bought ASUS Xonar DGX 5.1 soundcard. I was impressed with its control panel with so many settings!
However, I am not quite familiar with these kinds of things and I need help to tweak the settings.

I am going to use this soundcard and my headphones (Siberia v2) mainly for competitive gaming so I want to go extreme and tweak all the settings so that I'll get the best possible positional audio and sound for hearing footsteps and so on.

Games which I play are Call of Duty 4, Counter Strike: Source and then some older FPS games like Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (It has almost same engine as Quake 3).

So I would be happy if you guys could give me some info how to configure my soundcard for pro gaming!

EDIT: Got my sound working! I just can't use my front panel:frowning2: Why is it saying I use "Speakers" while I use headphones:xf_eek:?

EDIT 2: I just noticed that I can set different custom tweaks and save them fro later use! So I'd like to have one tweaks for music as well. I listen many kind of music trance/techno/house/rock/metal so I would like ones that work for all of those.

EDIT 3: It feels I have some kind of weird "echo" in the sound, is it just so or is it just bad configuration? Got this off by selecting "HF" mode, no idea what it is tho.

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hello,
I just bought ASUS Xonar DGX 5.1 soundcard. I was impressed with its control panel with so many settings!
However, I am not quite familiar with these kinds of things and I need help to tweak the settings.

I am going to use this soundcard and my headphones (Siberia v2) mainly for competitive gaming so I want to go extreme and tweak all the settings so that I'll get the best possible positional audio and sound for hearing footsteps and so on.

Games which I play are Call of Duty 4, Counter Strike: Source and then some older FPS games like Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (It has almost same engine as Quake 3).

So I would be happy if you guys could give me some info how to configure my sound card for pro gaming!

EDIT: Got my sound working! I just can't use my front panel:frowning2: Why is it saying I use "Speakers" while I use headphones:xf_eek:?

EDIT 2: I just noticed that I can set different custom tweaks and save them fro later use! So I'd like to have one tweaks for music as well. I listen many kind of music trance/techno/house/rock/metal so I would like ones that work for all of those.

EDIT 3: It feels I have some kind of weird "echo" in the sound, is it just so or is it just bad configuration? Got this off by selecting "HF" mode, no idea what it is tho.

Should be 4 setting for output, Speakers, Headphone, FP speakers, FP Headphone
"FP" means front panel.
Set "Audio channel" to "6-channel" for surround sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back