Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR
Nov 24, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #242 of 337
Ebay,from a seller located in United states

The sound is very balanced,everything just sounds right,no ear fatigue like many so called "audiophile" opamps,that people seems to adore here,for no real reason.
Sound is very warm,no too fast or slow,drums and vocals sound sweet.
Today high end opamps are pure marketing crap,no real audio enjoyment.

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #243 of 337
Ebay,from a seller located in United states

The sound is very balanced,everything just sounds right,no ear fatigue like many so called "audiophile" opamps,that people seems to adore here,for no real reason.
Sound is very warm,no too fast or slow,drums and vocals sound sweet.
Today high end opamps are pure marketing crap,no real audio enjoyment.

What happend to you? :) just kidding. Give us ebay link. Maybe will try.

Nov 25, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #244 of 337
Bro everything in this world is marketing.Even people are getting married using marketing.Op-Amps are giving you different sound signature.You are trying them to get the sound you desire and for that you have to pay of course.People are breaking their asses to create them.Of course they will want your money :) You were praising some high end Op-Amps in your previous threads and now you sound like 
you don't believe in them...

Nov 25, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #245 of 337
  Bro everything in this world is marketing.Even people are getting married using marketing.Op-Amps are giving you different sound signature.You are trying them to get the sound you desire and for that you have to pay of course.People are breaking their asses to create them.Of course they will want your money :) You were praising some high end Op-Amps in your previous threads and now you sound like 
you don't believe in them...

Well even then, Audio grade op-amps are designed to output a signal with almost no noise and minimum propagation delay. Commercial grade op-amps might not be designed for this

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #246 of 337
I still think the sparkos labs and v5i are the best.....I meant cheap and good
Ive seen people adore national opamps and in my opinion they suck,same with TI opamps,and bashing JRC opamps,that's what I meant.
People seems to hate the JRC5532/4 and 2114D,for no real reason.
The V5i from burson are on top of my list,but not all people have that much of a money to spent.
So for cheap setup,Nec UPC4570c are the best for I/V,Jrc 5532DD in second place,third is JRC2114D.

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #247 of 337
Currently i have got 2 49720 and 2 49710 on my ZXR.The 49720's in the I/V section improved the sound so much over the original JRC's especially the bass.For my final testings i ordered V5i's and V5's from Burson.I will see which of them is better for me and right here.

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #248 of 337
  Currently i have got 2 49720 and 2 49710 on my ZXR.The 49720's in the I/V section improved the sound so much over the original JRC's especially the bass.For my final testings i ordered V5i's and V5's from Burson.I will see which of them is better for me and right here.

Dont think you will have complete your final testing yet, beside Burson, other Top discrete op-amp you should test such as Sparkos Labs
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #250 of 337
  Well after i finish testing the V5 and V5i's i will sell the ones i like less and buy Sparcos then...Because they are pretty expensive just like V5's :D...

Just got my V5 from DIYshop.vn, an authorized dealer in my country. Don't have to wait and freight saving
smile.gif

IMO, it way better than V5i, much more airy. The different between Sparkos and V5 is bass, bass in V5 hit harder

The downside of V5 is it take 2.5 slots (Sparkos 1.5 and V5i 1) and it uses 2 additional DIP8 (Sparkos use 1, and V5i install directly).

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #252 of 337
Yeah that is completely true!I've tried V5 and V5i's too.V5's are absolutely amazing Op-Amps.V5i's did not impress me at all.Sound is not detailed i don't know,not for me...V5 are the the kings for me now.I am not gonna try the Sparcos,becauce i read everywhere and people are saying that Bursons are much better...Cheers!

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #253 of 337
Raimond; Thank you for your contributions; But now I'm even more confused for those of us who have a sound card Sound Blaster ZXR and we do not have much money to invest, what are the brands and their order in how to place these audio chips. I need this sound card to generate an electronic music streaming; What is the best combination of chips ??. After these audio chip options?
You can also change chips on an ASUS XONAR ESSENCE STX sound card; And if there are the best combination of chips ?. And please also I need to know if it is possible to change the audio chips to a Sound Blaster ZX card. Thank you for your response and your contributions to those who started in the audio world. All these options are to generate audio streaming

Dec 22, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #254 of 337
Raymond was saying Burson V5i's are better than V5's.This is completely false.V5's are the best Op-Amps for ZXR.I've tried so many combinations.I've tried Asus STX as well,but Creative ZXR with 2 Single V5 for buffer section and 2 double for I/V will give you the best sound ever.Dontwaste your time with anything else.Burson V5's are expensive,but worth the money!

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #255 of 337
  Raimond; Thank you for your contributions; But now I'm even more confused for those of us who have a sound card Sound Blaster ZXR and we do not have much money to invest, what are the brands and their order in how to place these audio chips. I need this sound card to generate an electronic music streaming; What is the best combination of chips ??. After these audio chip options?
You can also change chips on an ASUS XONAR ESSENCE STX sound card; And if there are the best combination of chips ?. And please also I need to know if it is possible to change the audio chips to a Sound Blaster ZX card. Thank you for your response and your contributions to those who started in the audio world. All these options are to generate audio streaming

IMO, op-amp in buffer section of ZxR will have significant impact sound signature. So if you have limit budget, you might try with 2 single discrete op-amps in buffer and Cable +, this option would be better P/P upgrade compare to 2 single and 2 dual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back