Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Sep 2, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #2,551 of 3,573
Check out the list of sellers on their website, get it shipped to a forwarder, pay shipping and... PROFIT!
Try Google Translator?

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #2,552 of 3,573
You can always hire a middle man but they take like 20%.

Google translator works too, but not all the time.

I have one MUSES01 left, unused going for 40 (ebay).

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #2,553 of 3,573
Scumbugs selling fake whatever really pees me off, what type of a person would paint fake logos on opamps, its a sign of our stuff you Jack I'm alright world we live in. I know most people are honest but I feel one day we maybe outnumbered

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #2,554 of 3,573
Quote:
Scumbugs selling fake whatever really pees me off, what type of a person would paint fake logos on opamps, its a sign of our stuff you Jack I'm alright world we live in. I know most people are honest but I feel one day we maybe outnumbered

Life is like that.
Do anything to make a quick dollar.

And again, i said this 60 threads ago, i still want your GS-X MK2.

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #2,555 of 3,573
I don't mind helping but cashing out on paypal is a PITA.

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #2,556 of 3,573
Quote:
Life is like that.
Do anything to make a quick dollar.

And again, i said this 60 threads ago, i still want your GS-X MK2.

Yeah man, Justin still has a few GS-X's left in the second batch, if you got the money pull the trigger you won't regret it. I'm still paying off my setup but I have no regrets.

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #2,557 of 3,573
that fostex :D
too bad i cant afford it. went for th600 instead

Sep 3, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #2,558 of 3,573
Quote:
that fostex
biggrin.gif

too bad i cant afford it. went for th600 instead

I would love to tryout the TH600 loads of people have both and say they compliment each other

Sep 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #2,559 of 3,573
Quote:
Yeah man, Justin still has a few GS-X's left in the second batch, if you got the money pull the trigger you won't regret it. I'm still paying off my setup but I have no regrets.

Agreed. However, I realized you have a Calyx FEMTO. That just crushed my heart again.

Now let's look back at mid-end Essence One and wheep.

Sep 3, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #2,560 of 3,573
  Agreed. However, I realized you have a Calyx FEMTO. That just crushed my heart again.

Now let's look back at mid-end Essence One and wheep.

Out of the 2 dac's yes the Femto is better overall, however I have to be honest here and say not by as much as you would think, and I also think the E1 Muses edition has a better smoother top-end

The price and SQ ratio between the two, Muses is way out in front

Sep 3, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #2,561 of 3,573
  Out of the 2 dac's yes the Femto is better overall, however I have to be honest here and say not by as much as you would think, and I also think the E1 Muses edition has a better smoother top-end

The price ratio between the two, Muses is way out in front

Bravo.

I wouldn't be too shocked to hear that actually. IMO, the sound does not change significantly with DAC change as they do with AMP's. The Sabre chips however does have more zing, but most of them are badly implemented where if you get one thing, you lose the other.

Very nice to see you still checking the E1 thread.

Sep 3, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #2,562 of 3,573
Thanks
biggrin.gif

I'm a big fan of the Muses Edition "SQ" and still promote it to people looking for a dac, but unfortunately most head-fiers are brand snobs so they miss out

Sep 7, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #2,563 of 3,573
I'm really keen on grabbing an Essence one soon, I'm just really curious to how it compares to products like the Cambridge Audio DAC Magic Plus? The E1 just seems to have better specs than way more expensive pieces of hardware, that said I know that SNR and THD aren't everything.

Is the Muses edition really worth the premium? How much would it cost to buy the MUSES opamps and install them yourself? Or is there other improvements?

Sep 7, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #2,564 of 3,573
  I'm really keen on grabbing an Essence one soon, I'm just really curious to how it compares to products like the Cambridge Audio DAC Magic Plus? The E1 just seems to have better specs than way more expensive pieces of hardware, that said I know that SNR and THD aren't everything.

Is the Muses edition really worth the premium? How much would it cost to buy the MUSES opamps and install them yourself? Or is there other improvements?

I've owned 4.
If i were to get them or recommend them, i'd have to pick the MUSES version.
You can buy 6 and install them yourself, however it's a little difficult to source them online. There are many fakes.

Sep 7, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #2,565 of 3,573

I've owned 4.
If i were to get them or recommend them, i'd have to pick the MUSES version.
You can buy 6 and install them yourself, however it's a little difficult to source them online. There are many fakes.

I see, the thing is, the MUSES edition costs like twice as much here. I can get a normal E1 for around $400AUD, but looks like the MUSES editions go for like $1K USD. 

If I got the E1, would I ever regret not getting a more traditional DAC that was in the same price range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back