Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Feb 7, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #1,291 of 3,573
Quote:

Thank You! 
k701smile.gif

Tim

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #1,293 of 3,573
Quote:
no one.. response to my muses gain jumper question.... that's sad... :frowning2:

I noticed it, but since i don't have a legit muses, so i can't take photos even if i wanted to.

Let's wait for turokrocks to get his, it's already being shipped.

We'll see if he's able to get a picture taken of the gain switch.

Tim

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #1,294 of 3,573
Quote:
So I found an article on opamps that had a specific section on the AD797 and its output distortion compensation. Apparently the AD797B was designed to have a 50pF capacitor connected between pins 6 and 8. So that's what I did.

Yes, I also installed a fan. Turns out when you take the voltage selector switch off of its mount the space it occupied is perfect for a small fan.

As far as the mod goes I can say that I honestly believe that I have tamed the AD797 on the Essence One. The sound quality, at least to me, has improved all around.

My 100mF capacitors on the ad797 didn´t worked, it didn´t help the sound. I am going to try 220nF later. What op are you using for the buffer? The 49720 is a bad combination if it is also used in the lpf.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #1,295 of 3,573
I noticed it, but since i don't have a legit muses, so i can't take photos even if i wanted to.

Tim

Thanks Tim... :) but I thought there were a few more muses user in this thread.... I could be wrong.

Lets wait then....

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #1,296 of 3,573
Quote:
Thanks Tim... :) but I thought there were a few more muses user in this thread.... I could be wrong.

Lets wait then....

Thats unfortunate
triportsad.gif
Turockrock is also the only one I know of that got/will get the muses ed. However, I am sure there are some more users following this thread right now but haven't replied to it - or simply aren't registred to head-fi just yet
smile.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #1,297 of 3,573
Thats unfortunate :triportsad: Turockrock is also the only one I know of that got/will get the muses ed. However, I am sure there are some more users following this thread right now but haven't replied to it - or simply aren't registred to head-fi just yet :smile:

Hi Kenion, me too... I register to this particular thread just to find out about this. Though I already monitor and read all your postings from day one. Ha!

Turockrock.... It's now back to u.... as the only hope.

It's just weird that I can't find any info about this gain jumper anywhere, google all sorts of photos and website - no go as to where its located. Did a one to one internal comparison with base/plus vs muses, also can't tell the difference. Also even the official muses E1 manual is nowhere to be found... Including official asus website. I got a feeling its a simple solution that doesn't require much mod on the E1 board. But still have to see the real thing to confirm that.

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #1,298 of 3,573
Quote:
Hi Kenion, me too... I register to this particular thread just to find out about this. Though I already monitor and read all your postings from day one. Ha!

It's just weird that I can't find any info about this gain jumper anywhere, google all sorts of photos and website - no go as to where its located. Did a one to one internal comparison with base/plus vs muses, also can't tell the difference. Also even the official muses E1 manual is nowhere to be found... Including official asus website. I got a feeling its a simple solution that doesn't require much mod on the E1 board. But still have to see the real thing to confirm that.

http://www.facebook.com/xonar.asus?ref=ts&fref=ts
Leave them a message. I do that quite regular and they always respond to me there.

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #1,299 of 3,573
The gain jumper is near the headphone section of the MUSES unit. From what I know, it's not really mod friendly (circuit gain will be set by SMT resistors) and the jumper pads won't be part of the standard or plus edition PCB (a PCB revision was made for the jumper).

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #1,300 of 3,573
Quote:

Quote:

Tim

Quote:

Lets wait then....

Quote:
Thats unfortunate
triportsad.gif
Turockrock is also the only one I know of that got/will get the muses ed. However, I am sure there are some more users following this thread right now but haven't replied to it - or simply aren't registred to head-fi just yet
smile.gif

Guys...I am feeling the pressure...its too much....

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #1,301 of 3,573
I was right into buying the Muses new Xonar One edition for my Denon AH-D7100 headphones but then found that there is a new version of Soloist amp on the market - the Soloist SL.

I will be happy to hear any tip or experience from people here!

Thanks.

http://bursonaudio.com/Burson_Soloist_SL.html

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #1,302 of 3,573
Quote:

Guys...I am feeling the pressure...its too much....

I dare you! You better explain us the meaning of life asap! 
deadhorse.gif

biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #1,303 of 3,573
Quote:
I dare you! You better explain us the meaning of life asap! 
deadhorse.gif

biggrin.gif

....Having members like you, give life a new meaning.....
ph34r.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #1,305 of 3,573
The gain jumper is near the headphone section of the MUSES unit. From what I know, it's not really mod friendly (circuit gain will be set by SMT resistors) and the jumper pads won't be part of the standard or plus edition PCB (a PCB revision was made for the jumper).

Hi asus!

Thanks for your special appearance and response to my inquiry.

Due to the location where I'm from (Singapore), there is a MOQ imposed to our distro which makes it difficult for them to bring in E1 muses. As such, i'm left with few options - either I parallel import one without warranty or get an E1 base version (with warranty) and mod it to muses.

I already chosen the latter and done with getting the muses 01 opamp. However the next mod which is the gain control now may seems a tad too difficult for me to implement. I might have to look at the schematic or replicate that portion of the revised PCB onto a stripe board or self fabricate and get the necessary parts, e.g. Jumper switch, Resistors (non-SMT) and hardwired that small PCB into my PCB. Which is why I need to find out more before executing this in real time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back