Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Mar 13, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #34 of 3,573
It isn't much, but this is the answer I got from ASUS:

Dear Mr. Dykstra,

... I don't have the product release information at this time yet. Normally it will take around 4 - 8 weeks for the newly announced product to be available.

Thank you,

Aaron L
ASUS Product Support Team 

...so, conceivably, we could see it by April or May.

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #37 of 3,573

Quote:
So it's nice if you come from an even more crummy internal soundcard, which would explain all the raving on computer websites...but it doesn't hold a candle to a proper audiophile rig. And it does videogames very poorly, as been thoroughly tested by many ppl: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/asus-xonar-essence-stx_6.html#sect0
bien.gif

I have Essence STX in my main box and I'm wondering what the upgrade path would be. Can you please enlighten me on what is your definition of the "proper audiophile rig"?

I mean no offense, I'm just not super happy with how STX sounds (with rolled opamps, PIMETA and HD 580s) and would like to know what I can upgrade to.

Apr 8, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #38 of 3,573
A good start would be giving out real info.  The upsampling listed is oversampling.  The amp given is the buffer.  The wallwart has no voltage information.  It is nice looking though :wink:

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #39 of 3,573

Quote:
... I mean no offense, I'm just not super happy with how STX sounds (with rolled opamps, PIMETA and HD 580s) and would like to know what I can upgrade to.

You can start by replacing the STX with an an external DAC.  I think that will make you much happier.

PIMETA uses BUF634, right?  How many are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back