Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Feb 29, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #706 of 3,573
There may be quite a few additions to the driver database prior to the actual RTM release.  I wouldn't worry too much about it right now but you might be right in the long run :)

Feb 29, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #707 of 3,573

Quote:
Slightly off topic, but relevant to the E1: Windows 8 Customer Preview does NOT support USB Audio 2.0 devices out of the box, custom drivers still needed. We should organize a petition, if they don´t change this it will be the only major OS shipping without support.

They don't care...UAC2.0 is a niche audiophile market. They can't be hassled to implement it, I don't think their decision will ever change: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/8760eb9e-98ec-463e-9514-77608850285c

Their only practical solution would be to buy a license from Thesycon but that would most likely cost them a fortune...for what exactly? make a handful of audionuts happy?

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #708 of 3,573
USB is backwards compatible. USB  3.0 supports USB 1.0 and 2.0. IT should not be a problem
If there were one, manufacturers like Asus will certainly find a solution by proposing specific driver.

Mar 2, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #711 of 3,573
Hey sorry for kinda going off-topic with the current topic.

Do you guys personally recommend using this dac/amp as an all-in-one USB? As i skimmed i've been noticing some mix in what people say. 
I'm planning to upgrade from my Fiio e7/e9 later in the future.

Mar 2, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #712 of 3,573
It depends on your definition of "all-in-one USB"
If you mean all below together
1. Headphone amp
2. Pre amp
3. USB DAC
4. SPDIF DAC

Then the Xonar Essence One should be the choice.

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #713 of 3,573

Quote:
It depends on your definition of "all-in-one USB"
If you mean all below together
1. Headphone amp
2. Pre amp
3. USB DAC
4. SPDIF DAC

Then the Xonar Essence One should be the choice.

i guess thats reasonable if youre simplifying this xD

Mar 3, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #714 of 3,573
I think I might pick one up next week. I found my local computer shop can get this for me for $399 AUD. I will retired the Bresford for beside and use this as all in one desktop amp/preamp.

Is it a good value? I really could find nothing else in this price range which does what this do. I found the Cambridge product and youlng, non had preamp feature. 

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #716 of 3,573
I just got the E1 last week, listening to electronic music sounds excellent paired with sen 650. Im not an expert at this, I do have a few questions to other E1 owners. Any feedback would be helpful.

Question1. I do work while listening to headphones and I would like to drag the E1 to a different room. I want to hook my cowon x7 portable player into the e1 without buying more equiptment. I attempted a few times but it failed to work. at first i tryed hooking these cables up into the spdif.

I also tryed hooking this 3mm adapter into into a coax cable. that also didnt work  

Is there any  solution to this problem???

Quesion 2. THe power button does it get real lose when the power is on? mine gets extra loose when power is on, and it hangs slightly downward at an angle.

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #717 of 3,573

Quote:
I just got the E1 last week, listening to electronic music sounds excellent paired with sen 650. Im not an expert at this, I do have a few questions to other E1 owners. Any feedback would be helpful.

Question1. I do work while listening to headphones and I would like to drag the E1 to a different room. I want to hook my cowon x7 portable player into the e1 without buying more equiptment. I attempted a few times but it failed to work. at first i tryed hooking these cables up into the spdif.

I also tryed hooking this 3mm adapter into into a coax cable. that also didnt work  

E1 can process only digital audio signals fed by USB, optical and RCA inputs. As your player has USB output, try to use it, but it is more likely that it will not work without dedicated driver that does not exist at the moment.

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #718 of 3,573

Quote:

Quesion 2. THe power button does it get real lose when the power is on? mine gets extra loose when power is on, and it hangs slightly downward at an angle.

No, none of those cables will work.  Unless your player has an S/pdif output you are out of luck.
If I am following you correctly, you are connecting the analog output of your player to the digital input of the E1 and that will not work.

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #720 of 3,573

Quote:

cut ...

I have received E1 today and power button is without too much "air" around - as it should be. Burn-in will start at the afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back