Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Jan 23, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #2,881 of 3,573
Ben, headfi is probably the wrong place to talk about overpriced hardware.
tongue.gif

Ha ha yea I know. I have spent quite a bit because of this place, so I guess I carry that baggage with me whenever I hear about more stuff to buy. The sad thing is that hearing is SOO subjective, 99% of what you read about on here only applies to that person, their ears, and what they are convinced of in their mind. So you have three choices, buy whatever people are ranting and raving about and be done with it, buy everything and compare it all for yourself, or gracefully bow out and never come back here.

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #2,882 of 3,573
Lol so true. For me being a Person that does not have deep pockets rather then spending a ton on a new Dac/Amp, I chose to go the route of upgrading the Opamps still expensive but the lesser of the two evils.
This might not be my end game but it is for the foreseeable future. :)

Jan 24, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #2,885 of 3,573
The muses make a huge difference in the upgrade path of the E1, as for deals I couldn't find a one and believe me I've been patient.
unless you can find one from a fellow headfier selling here on the boards it's going to be hard.
The most difficult as I have mentioned before is finding authentic ones that's the biggest challenge.

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #2,886 of 3,573
So as I posted earlier in this thread, I've been keeping my eye open for ages for the muses edition to appear in the UK, and I've just noticed Amazon UK are advertising them at £556 which is a pretty good deal for a UK price considering you get six Muses.

Sold by Amazon with free delivery, not available until 31 of January though.

Just though I'd mention it in case anyone was still looking in the UK

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #2,887 of 3,573
So as I posted earlier in this thread, I've been keeping my eye open for ages for the muses edition to appear in the UK, and I've just noticed Amazon UK are advertising them at £556 which is a pretty good deal for a UK price considering you get six Muses.

Sold by Amazon with free delivery, not available until 31 of January though.

Just though I'd mention it in case anyone was still looking in the UK

The E1 can be had here for 340 euros.
The muses, bought from amazon and payed in euros will be double that...
Is it worth it?

Cheers!

Jan 24, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #2,888 of 3,573
The E1 can be had here for 340 euros.
The muses, bought from amazon and payed in euros will be double that...
Is it worth it?

Cheers!

You mean the standard edition right? where exactly is it € 340 ?

In any case standard edition € 340 your price, plus 6 x MUSES 01 € 358, Total price € 698

That's still works out slightly more expensive and you don't get the gain switch which I'm after.

Jan 24, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #2,889 of 3,573

You mean the standard edition right? where exactly is it € 340 ?

In any case standard edition € 340 your price, plus 6 x MUSES 01 € 358, Total price € 698

That's still works out slightly more expensive and you don't get the gain switch which I'm after.

On Pixmania-Pro.com
From an economy point of view, it is worth it, but what about in a sound point of view?
Is the Muses that much better?
Or let me ask another question.
My desk setup is currently my Macbook Pro to Fiio E17.
Will the Xonar One be a big upgrade from the Fiio in regard to SQ?
And then, will the Muses be a big upgrade from the standard One?

Cheers!

Jan 25, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #2,890 of 3,573

On Pixmania-Pro.com
From an economy point of view, it is worth it, but what about in a sound point of view?
Is the Muses that much better?
Or let me ask another question.
My desk setup is currently my Macbook Pro to Fiio E17.
Will the Xonar One be a big upgrade from the Fiio in regard to SQ?
And then, will the Muses be a big upgrade from the standard One?

Cheers!

Pixmania-Pro's price doesn't include VAT, with VAT included it would cost me £332 without delivery.

I've only ever seen the Muses Edition available twice in the UK and it was priced at £700+

There are loads of reviews comparing the Standard and Muses Edition, not to mention in this thread as well.

Jan 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #2,891 of 3,573
Pixmania-Pro's price doesn't include VAT, with VAT included it would cost me £332 without delivery.

I've only ever seen the Muses Edition available twice in the UK and it was priced at £700+

There are loads of reviews comparing the Standard and Muses Edition, not to mention in this thread as well.

That's correct. But if I buy as a company client and not individual client, I buy vat free.

Jan 29, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #2,894 of 3,573
  Anyone compared the E1 (any version) to the Schiit Bitfrost (preferably with the Uber Analog Upgrade)?

Ya Ben, 

my room-mate recently got the schiit bitfrost with uber analog.

i have a plain jane E1 with stock op-amps.

The bitfrost is noticably better sounding to me.  I'm debating upgrading my op-amps or just selling my E1 and moving to an op-ampless DAC like bitfrost.

any advice out there internet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back