Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Nov 28, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #2,776 of 3,573
Thanks for you opinion, but I couldn't help myself but to get a second E1 locally since its a pretty good deal!

It'sthe first time I could really compare the muses01 and the stock without too much time gap in between (time changing the amps). I must say I have fell in love with the muses01 again. The mids are so smooth and more forward. The soundstage is bigger. They produce more power too as I didn't have to turn the volume knob up as much ccompared to the stock ones.

There is something different between this second hand one with my original one. The original one when it being turned on, you can click "one" clicking sound from the inside of the unit; Where as the second hand one made "2" clicking sound?

Ps. I'll post a photo of my stereo setup tomorrow :wink:

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #2,777 of 3,573
Modi will perform against the E1?

I'm currently listening to a MODI connected using an über-short Belkin USB cable, and meh.........this is a $99 USB powered DAC with a jellybean dual opamp for filtering purposes, you really cannot compare it to a full blown E1. And the ES9013 "Sabre" DAC chip they use in a lot of cheap USB DAC's costs less than a buck, don't expect miracles either IME as manufacturers try to sell it as a cheaper ES9018 but it is not.

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #2,778 of 3,573
Thanks for you opinion, but I couldn't help myself but to get a second E1 locally since its a pretty good deal!

It'sthe first time I could really compare the muses01 and the stock without too much time gap in between (time changing the amps). I must say I have fell in love with the muses01 again. The mids are so smooth and more forward. The soundstage is bigger. They produce more power too as I didn't have to turn the volume knob up as much ccompared to the stock ones.

There is something different between this second hand one with my original one. The original one when it being turned on, you can click "one" clicking sound from the inside of the unit; Where as the second hand one made "2" clicking sound?

Ps. I'll post a photo of my stereo setup tomorrow
wink.gif

Wow I'm so not missing the blue led lights, I forgot how bright they were
eek.gif
  still a great sounding DAC though......

Nov 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #2,780 of 3,573

Ps. I'll post a photo of my stereo setup tomorrow
wink.gif

Wow your view on the MUSES certainly changed. I remember a few, few post ago in this thread you stated the MUSES had a smaller soundstage compared to the stock opamps. Wish the MUSES01 would be more readily available, want 11 to flood my E1 with.

Nov 28, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #2,781 of 3,573
Wow your view on the MUSES certainly changed. I remember a few, few post ago in this thread you stated the MUSES had a smaller soundstage compared to the stock opamps. Wish the MUSES01 would be more readily available, want 11 to flood my E1 with.

I think that's when I was talking about the "FAKE" Muses01 I've bought from some Chinese eBay like site. The ones I'm using now are the GENUINE ones I've bought from Gandah :wink:

Nov 28, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #2,785 of 3,573
  Nice setup
biggrin.gif

Nice setup indeed. DMax99 correct me if I'm wrong, I see a bottlehead crack top left. What's the two other tube device on the top right and just below the the E1 if you don't mind me asking.

Nov 29, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #2,786 of 3,573
Nice setup indeed. DMax99 correct me if I'm wrong, I see a bottlehead crack top left. What's the two other tube device on the top right and just below the the E1 if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks Mach,

The top left is the Darkvoice 336i, top right is the aune t1 and the bottom one is the synthesis Nimis :wink:

They are all low mid range stuff, can't really afford anything too expensive atm Lol

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #2,787 of 3,573
Thanks Mach,

The top left is the Darkvoice 336i, top right is the aune t1 and the bottom one is the synthesis Nimis
wink.gif

They are all low mid range stuff, can't really afford anything too expensive atm Lol

Synthesis Nimis low mid range? Really, aren't these amp like $2k.

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #2,788 of 3,573
Really? Haha... I thought they were low mid range since most high range tube amps for Hi Fi speakers are over like 3 or 4 grand?? I'm not sure though since I'm still a noob in the speaker world. I just thought I would try a "real" tube amp since I've never had any and 400 bucks seems like a good deal since there isn't many second hand ones of the Nimis around at all (also came with 5 sets of spare tubes).

They do sound pretty good though. I've bought new set of jj el84, 12AX7 and tung Sol 12AX7.

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #2,789 of 3,573
Really? Haha... I thought they were low mid range since most high range tube amps for Hi Fi speakers are over like 3 or 4 grand?? I'm not sure though since I'm still a noob in the speaker world. I just thought I would try a "real" tube amp since I've never had any and 400 bucks seems like a good deal since there isn't many second hand ones of the Nimis around at all (also came with 5 sets of spare tubes).

They do sound pretty good though. I've bought new set of jj el84, 12AX7 and tung Sol 12AX7.

If you're one made out of wood it like over $2k not including postage. I think more like $2.7k after shipping and tax. Geez you score big on that one.

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #2,790 of 3,573
Really? I haven't come across any wood ones yet. However, if you look some of the tube amps in this hifi store, they are easily over 5 grand! :

http://www.carltonaudiovisual.com.au/?q=node/view/30

Yeah, that's why I decided to drive an hour to pick this amp up. It's a 2 channel mono amp so you can adjust the volume on each side of speaker separately. The only thing that's bad about the amp is that it's missing the tube cover which is not a big deal even though the tubes get really really hot.

If you're one made out of wood it like over $2k not including postage. I think more like $2.7k after shipping and tax. Geez you score big on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back