Frequency Response: 15 Hz - 23000 Hz
Sensitivity: 108 dB/1mw (SPLat 1KHz)
Impedance: 32 OHM
Conductor: 1.2m ± 0.3m TPE wire
Plug connections: Ф3.5mm stereo gold-plated plug
Rated power: 3 mW
Maximum power: 10 mW

Price: $180 USD.

I've been given these for a few weeks to test out. I'll leave some impressions later tonight or tomorrow!

Big thanks to @billymav at Noisy Motel for loaning me these, pre-release.

Mar 26, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #5 of 26
I read some reviews and they seem to be not quite as good as the Senn. Senn is tough to fit for some so maybe it could flip the other way. You know buds are mainly about fit. I have my loaner AX60 and the lyra seems to have the same cable which is nice but a bit thin. Not to knock them but the AX60 is overpriced for what it is and it seems the Lyra is as well. $180 is a bit much. If it drops about $50 from that to $125 or $130 that sounds better. $180 would be the priciest bud out there behind the OK1. I thought to buy one, read the impressions, checked the price, and didn't pull the trigger.

Look forward to the impressions. Maybe they will turn out even better than the couple impressions I've read.

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #8 of 26
Sorry guys, I don't have an Apple earbud to compare these to. I do, however, have my girlfriends Apple Earpods.

I'll do this in a "Shoot-out" style format, as it will be easier for the readers to gauge how it will fit into their own sound preferences.

Obviously, this is all subjective, and my opinion.  
 ​
Astrotec Lyra:

Comfort: 6/10
Looks: 8/10
Sub-bass: 7/10
Mid-bass: 7/10
Mids: 7/10
Highs: 6/10
Soundstage: 7/10

Yuin PK3: 

Comfort: 8/10
Looks: 3/10
Sub-bass: 5/10
Mid-bass: 6/10
Mids: 7/10
Highs: 8/10
Soundstage: 8/10

Earpod: 

Comfort: 6/10
Looks: 3/10
Sub-bass: 6/10
Mid-bass: 7/10 
Mids: 5/10
Highs: 7/10
Soundstage: 6/10

HiSoundAudio Living:

Comfort: 2/10
Looks: 9/10
Sub-bass: 3/10
Mid-bass: 5/10
Mids: 5/10
Highs: 7/10
Soundstage: 6/10

Lyra vs Apple Earpod:

The Apple Earpod sounds more "V-shaped", far less balanced. Due to its lower weight, the Earpod is more comfortable, though not by much. The Earpod is made from noticeably cheaper materials.

The Lyra sounds far more natural, and to my ears, has a less fatiguing signature than the Earpod.

Lyra vs Yuin PK3:

The Yuin PK3 has more air to its signature, and a lot more treble energy. It's a little peaky around 7-8k, which is usually not a problem, but really stands out when comparing it to a darker bud like the Lyra.
The Lyra has more bass and sub-bass presence, and a slightly smaller sound-stage. The Yuin is more comfortable, lightweight, and less prone to falling out of the ears.

Overall, the Lyra has a more balanced, albeit darker sound.
Lyra vs HiSoundAudio Living:
 ​
The Lyra is the more comfortable of the two, and has a more balanced signature again. The HiSoundAudio buds are a little difficult to compare to, due to their large size. The Living earbuds definitely had a sharper "V" shape to their sound, with a lot more treble energy. The Lyra was easier to get a good fit.

Overall opinion:

A darker, more realistic and "natural" signature. Loves to be used at a "realistic" volume setting. In terms of sound alone, it's one of the better earbuds I've heard, for my tastes. The build and materials are fantastic and high quality, but lead to a slightly higher weight, which can cause some discomfort over time. I can't personally use them for workouts, as they will fall out of my ears.

They came with a solid metal tin, over ear hooks, and a variety of different black socks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back