Astell&Kern to Debut Three New Products at High End Munich 2022
May 15, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #20 of 34
Honestly I was waiting for a new PEE51 with MQA Support. Also a Successor for the XB10 with LDAC/Aptx Adaptive Codec Support and good DAC to compete against iFi's Go Blu and Fiio's BTR5 would have been great.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #22 of 34
Honestly I was waiting for a new PEE51 with MQA Support. Also a Successor for the XB10 with LDAC/Aptx Adaptive Codec Support and good DAC to compete against iFi's Go Blu and Fiio's BTR5 would have been great.
Yeah, a new BT dongle of A&K would have been interesting!

May 16, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #24 of 34
As I understand the teaser, it seems it will still be with an obsolete android system (maybe obsolete wifi tech too)... which won't allow any advanced player to be installed like Neutron/UAPP (Native DSD & Bitperfect FLAC) or advanced DSP like PowerampEQ or Wavelet...
I definitely won't take again the risk I took with the former Kann Alpha which took more than one year to get a correct firmware to make the DAP really functional in complex wifi environment.

May 16, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #25 of 34
With the HC2 – USB-C Dual DAC I like the ideal of app and the spec listed look great. I was interesting till I noticed the cable is permanently attached to the device. I had heard and experienced too many failure with cables and dongles. It’s one thing to replace a $20 cable but it’s another to replace the whole device if the cable fails.
Not sure of the reasoning for using this design. I just wanted you to give you my feedback that this is the reason why I’m not interested in purchasing this dongle.

May 16, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #26 of 34
The pathfinder iem is pretty inetresting 4BA+2DD, this configuration seems getting popular recently.
I believe that Dunu is cooking one of such iem.

Maybe :wink:

As an unapologetic (but objective) Campfire fan, I'm very excited for what the Pathfinder has to offer.

Campfire's new line-up as a whole is frankly very exciting from what we've heard about it so far!

May 23, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #28 of 34
Kann Max Review

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/blogs/reviews/astell-kern-kann-max-digital-audio-player-review

DSC1685.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back