Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Aug 24, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #2,671 of 2,755
I downloaded the APK sony connect app on my PC connected my AR25 to the PC then put the file in the open service folder on the AR25. When I checked in the open service folder for the APK app it was not showing?
In order to see it on your A&K, you first need to install the XAPK V2.2.2 here (other versions do not work):
https://apkpure.com/xapk-manager/com.apkfab.installer/download

Install this on your A&K and launch it, you'll then be able to see your Sony app, but when you'll try to install it, you'll probably get the same message i get which is : "this app in not approved, for security reasons, you can't install it", even though i can see the screen of the app in the background for the B&O app..

To the Astell&Kern people, can you please open those apps?
Some speakers and headphones need apps to be fine tuned and controlled,

Thank you in advance,

Aug 24, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #2,672 of 2,755
Have you tried to install Control App on your phone, make all required adjustments for your wireless earphones there, and after that use them with A&K?
I have Technics AZ60 and ATH-TWX9 and I did exactly the same with both, i.e. customized touch controls on both, changed number of volume steps for TWX9, selected LDAC for AZ60, etc. via corresponding Control Apps, installed on my phone.
And when I use them with A&K, all these customizations are in place.

Aug 24, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #2,673 of 2,755
Have you tried to install Control App on your phone, make all required adjustments for your wireless earphones there, and after that use them with A&K?
I have Technics AZ60 and ATH-TWX9 and I did exactly the same with both, i.e. customized touch controls on both, changed number of volume steps for TWX9, selected LDAC for AZ60, etc. via corresponding Control Apps, installed on my phone.
And when I use them with A&K, all these customizations are in place.
Unfortunately, my settings go back to zero each time i turn off the speaker..
I'm thinking of buying a smartwatch and use it as a remote control but i'm not sure if i can install the B&O app on it..
Having it on the A&K player would be the ideal solution though, Thank you for your answer friend,

Aug 25, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #2,674 of 2,755
They are a great match - B&O make very expensive things that don't work with anything else
and so do A&K :D
I'm considering an other brand of player for that specific reason.
Not being able to install an Adroid app to control your speaker or headphone on an Android based player (A&K) in unacceptable, especially at such a high price tag .
This needs to be addressed,

Aug 25, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #2,675 of 2,755
Another battery replacement for my SR25 MKII. The battery has swollen again.
I am extremely disappointed with Astell & Kern. I'm tired of sending my DAP back to Germany for repairs. And then I'll have to pay when there's no warranty. Other people are talking about 3 battery replacements on the SR25 and MKII. I was hoping one day to upgrade to a top-of-the-range A&K player, but that's not going to happen. Admittedly, the sound is very good, but I can't trust this brand. I'll check out the competition.

Aug 25, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #2,676 of 2,755
I am extremely disappointed with Astell & Kern. I'm tired of sending my DAP back to Germany for repairs. And then I'll have to pay when there's no warranty. Other people are talking about 3 battery replacements on the SR25 and MKII. I was hoping one day to upgrade to a top-of-the-range A&K player, but that's not going to happen. Admittedly, the sound is very good, but I can't trust this brand. I'll check out the competition.
I had similar experiences with multiple AK players, and after finding Cayin DAPs, never looked back. They do everything the AK should without the Android restrictions.

Aug 25, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #2,677 of 2,755
I have had the same problem, till I ordered the batter from AliExpress and replaced it by myself. It was out of warranty and I have nothing to lose anyway. Just wait till it died then I will go for some other brand.

Aug 25, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #2,679 of 2,755

I have had the same problem, till I ordered the batter from AliExpress and replaced it by myself. It was out of warranty and I have nothing to lose anyway. Just wait till it died then I will go for some other brand.
Some people use a Galaxy S9 battery. It's a bit complicated, since it requires soldering, but in the end, the device no longer heats up, and despite a slightly lower capacity (3000 ma instead of 3150 ma), the battery lasts longer, and above all: no more swelling.

Aug 26, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #2,680 of 2,755
May I ask which model of Cayin have you got please?
I have the Cayin N6ii which accepts different DAC modules. Each module offers a different flavor, my pref being the r2r DAC called R01. And there are no restrictions, Google Play works as does everything else.

Aug 30, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #2,682 of 2,755
Thank you very much. What about after sale service, please?
I have not had to use that thankfully, but from what I've read, they are responsive and constantly here on Head Fi in their threads.

Aug 31, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #2,683 of 2,755
I too just picked up a new SR25mkII, I'm pretty happy with it so far (I've been using a WM1A but I wanted to stream Apple Music but wanted the least exposure to Android possible). I just transferred the SD card from the Sony and all my album art is still there. I like the form factor alot and the UI is responsive and sensible. The Sony has a better quality screen and I really miss the ability to group by album artist (a common problem in Android media players). The VU & spectrum visualizers were also kind of nice on the Sony too but for $599 I think the A&K is a good unit.
I suspect so few people still listen to entire albums anymore they never think to include this feature. I've found it on a few apps for iphone and android but it is bizarre that my SR25 can't do it.

Oct 2, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #2,684 of 2,755
Hi,

I have the SR25 MKII which I assume will be the same as SR25 with regards to installing apps. I want to use my Sony WF-1000XM5 iem's and would like to ask how to install the Sony Headphone connect app onto the SR25 MKII so I can use the settings in the app to adjust the iem's?

Thank you.
I see you have Sony XM5 headphones. Check their autonomy regularly. I have the xm4 and like thousands of users the autonomy of one of the earphones drops to 10 minutes after one or two years. Sony does not cover repairs outside the warranty period. If one of your headphones is hot when you take it out of the box, it will have this problem sooner or later. Thank you Sony!

Oct 3, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #2,685 of 2,755
Just a thought: Lithium batteries can suffer from swelling which obviously isn't good.
I've always followed a practice of not fully charging a Lithium battery as its my belief that over charging is the root cause.
My background is in engineering, specially DC power systems with a heavy emphasis in battery technology.
I can state my personal experience in that I've never had any battery fail since I started following this practice.
I can state that in the industry I work in, swelling is an issue and Lithium batteries fail.

Please take into account that there are different battery types, even Lithium. So I have to generalise.
The advantages outweigh the negatives. But maybe look at whether you can alter the way you charge? Stop before you get to 100% and you might end the terrible luck you are having!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back