Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Jun 23, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #2,656 of 2,749
my sr25ii good too. but my eyes agging si without glasses hard to see small song list . bought for small light weight , but now see change ro bigger svreen dap. hiby R6 II is good option? or see at any other?
I'm very happy with the Hiby RS6, it's larger screen and open Android make it much easier to use than the SR25. It's an R2R DAC, with a much deeper, richer, more organic sort of sound than the SR25's cleaner more neutral tone.

R6 Pro II is also getting a lot of attention, for about $500 less than the RS6 it could be a winner for sure.

Jul 13, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #2,657 of 2,749
OK, I've tested "Album Artist" approach today, using Twin Peaks OST as example:
- 8 tracks have Artist tag = "Angelo Badalamenti";
- 3 tracks have Artist tag = "Julee Cruise";
- all 11 tracks have Album Artist tag = "Angelo Badalamenti".

Unfortunately, this approach doesn't work as it should for SR25II - when I browse by Artist, I see there:
- Angelo Badalamenti with only 8 tracks in "Twin Peaks" album;
- Julee Cruise with remaining 3 tracks.
Expected/desired behavior in this scenario:
- Angelo Badalamenti with all 11 tracks in "Twin Peaks" album;
- Julee Cruise should not be presented at all, when browsing by Artist.

Workaround - put "Angelo Badalamenti" or ("Hans Zimmer" for Gladiator OST) in Artist tag for all tracks of corresponding album.
Hi there. I disappeared for a while. Thanks for writing back.

Still not quite sure what you mean.

I looked up in the SR25 to see if there was something about you said in the last sentence.
Quote:
"Workaround - put "Angelo Badalamenti" or ("Hans Zimmer" for Gladiator OST) in Artist tag for all tracks of corresponding album."

However I do not understand what you mean.

Like where in what menu do you start from, and do what?
I have looked under the album menu where I can see the whole album in one list. However I see no option to tag the album under artist, from there.
......... (Of course it's too much hassle to play albums from there anyway. Much quicker to go from artist.)

Neither under the artist menu do I know how to tag the whole album, if you mean do it there. The Hanz Zimmer album is of course split up in the Artist library.

Where are you suggesting to tag an album's tracks under Artist, from?
Plus how tag the split up tracks, as an album?
I tried pressing around the DAP to tag tracks for an album, but never found anything.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #2,658 of 2,749
@GreenBow, you need a Tag Editor program (e.g. Mp3Tag, TagScanner, etc.) or a player with ability to edit tags (e.g. foobar2000) on your computer.
Then you open all 17 tracks from Gladiator OST (discogs) in this program, change their different Artist tags ("Lisa Gerrard", "Djivan Gasparyan, Hans Zimmer", etc.) to "Hans Zimmer" and save changes.
Then you copy updated files to SR25.
After that it's expected that when you browse by Artist --> Hans Zimmer --> Gladiator OST, then all 17 tracks will be there.

Jul 13, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #2,659 of 2,749
@GreenBow, you need a Tag Editor program (e.g. Mp3Tag, TagScanner, etc.) or a player with ability to edit tags (e.g. foobar2000) on your computer.
Then you open all 17 tracks from Gladiator OST (discogs) in this program, change their different Artist tags ("Lisa Gerrard", "Djivan Gasparyan, Hans Zimmer", etc.) to "Hans Zimmer" and save changes.
Then you copy updated files to SR25.
After that it's expected that when you browse by Artist --> Hans Zimmer --> Gladiator OST, then all 17 tracks will be there.

Got it.

I have used Mp3-tag before.

Aug 17, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #2,660 of 2,749
Hi,

I have the SR25 MKII which I assume will be the same as SR25 with regards to installing apps. I want to use my Sony WF-1000XM5 iem's and would like to ask how to install the Sony Headphone connect app onto the SR25 MKII so I can use the settings in the app to adjust the iem's?

Thank you.

Aug 17, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #2,661 of 2,749
Not sure if you can do that but as you can connect xm5 to two devices simultaneously I usually use the app on my iphone to change settings.

Aug 17, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #2,662 of 2,749
Not sure if you can do that but as you can connect xm5 to two devices simultaneously I usually use the app on my iphone to change settings.
I need to have the Sony connect app on the SR25 so I can activate the ANC and make adjustments when using the Sony WF-1000XM5. That was one of the reasons I got the SR25 as I thought you can install pretty much any app but it would have to be apk version. Can anyone confirm this can be done?

Aug 17, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #2,663 of 2,749
I need to have the Sony connect app on the SR25 so I can activate the ANC and make adjustments when using the Sony WF-1000XM5. That was one of the reasons I got the SR25 as I thought you can install pretty much any app but it would have to be apk version. Can anyone confirm this can be done?
The Sony Connect app is on APKPURE so maybe give a try if it can install on the A&K.

Aug 17, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #2,664 of 2,749
I found that with the SR25ii and SR35 I could only side load apps that A&K had white listed.

Aug 17, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #2,665 of 2,749
The Sony Connect app is on APKPURE so maybe give a try if it can install on the A&K.
I downloaded the APK sony connect app on my PC connected my AR25 to the PC then put the file in the open service folder on the AR25. When I checked in the open service folder for the APK app it was not showing?

Aug 17, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #2,668 of 2,749
Hi,

I have the SR25 MKII which I assume will be the same as SR25 with regards to installing apps. I want to use my Sony WF-1000XM5 iem's and would like to ask how to install the Sony Headphone connect app onto the SR25 MKII so I can use the settings in the app to adjust the iem's?

Thank you.
Unfortunately the Sony Headphone Connect app is not one of the whitelisted apps, therefore cannot be installed.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 22, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #2,669 of 2,749
Hi,

Thank you.
I have the exact same question but regarding the Bang & Olufsen app.
I have a B&O speaker that needs an app to be adjusted, does someone know if i can install the B&O app on my SR25 mkII?
If no, can that be addresses through a firmware update please?
A lot of people are using iem's or speakers that can only be adjusted through an app, and a 900$ device should allow that flawlessly..

Aug 22, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #2,670 of 2,749
I have the exact same question but regarding the Bang & Olufsen app.
I have a B&O speaker that needs an app to be adjusted, does someone know if i can install the B&O app on my SR25 mkII?
If no, can that be addresses through a firmware update please?
A lot of people are using iem's or speakers that can only be adjusted through an app, and a 900$ device should allow that flawlessly..
They are a great match - B&O make very expensive things that don't work with anything else
and so do A&K :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back