Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Nov 19, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #2,221 of 2,746
Thanks for the head's up Jason . I got my sights on the AK se200 . Will be pulling the trigger in a couple of days . I recently bought an sr25 from one of your dealers and had it serviced and I wanted to use this post give you and everybody there at Astell & Kern a big THANKYOU for helping my out . Nothing but Astell & Kern for me for life . You guys are the best .

Nov 21, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #2,222 of 2,746
I want to play native SACD .iso files on my SR25. I see that Foobar2000 can be installed, and I have no issues with SACD on my Win10 laptop, but to enable SACD playback I had to install an additional component, is this possible on the SR25?

Thanks in advance.
BT

Nov 21, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #2,223 of 2,746
Happy holidays from your friends at Astell&Kern North America! To celebrate with you we will be running awesome promotions you won't want to miss! Available on our website or at a local authorized dealer near you.

Now through 12/27, select models will be available for special pricing or take advantage of our bundle packages! Promo pricing is only available to customers in the US and Canada. For holiday deals outside of North America, please contact your local authorized Astell&Kern dealer.

For a full list of deals, visit the Astell&Kern North America website - https://us.astellnkern.com/blogs/news/a-k-2021-holiday-promotions

**Promo pricing is only available to customers in the US and Canada. For holiday deals outside of North America, please contact your local authorized Astell&Kern dealer.**
Well, that did it! I just ordered my A&K SR25 and it will be here Tuesday! Thanks! Hope I can figure out how to use it with my Mac and iTunes! Thanks

Nov 22, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #2,225 of 2,746
Well, that did it! I just ordered my A&K SR25 and it will be here Tuesday! Thanks! Hope I can figure out how to use it with my Mac and iTunes! Thanks
Congrats on the purchase!

When you say iTunes, do you mean streaming Apple Music? If so you'll want to download and install the Android .apk to the SR25.
A&K web site has FAQs that explain this, ask here for help if you need it.

Nov 23, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #2,226 of 2,746
So I got a SR25 'brand new' from Amazon UK today. Upon opening the packing box, the AK was not sealed, it was put in the wrong way round and had marks and dust over it. To make it worse, when I took it out the box the back panel dropped off the unit, and its also filled up with the last owners music. I complained to Amazon and they are to refund it back to me. I then noticed that there is a MK2 SR25, albeit at £200 more its quite a steep jump. Whats the feeling on this, is it worth that extra price hike? FWIW I did like the sound of the SR25 I tested this evening.

Nov 24, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #2,227 of 2,746
Congrats on the purchase!

When you say iTunes, do you mean streaming Apple Music? If so you'll want to download and install the Android .apk to the SR25.
A&K web site has FAQs that explain this, ask here for help if you need it.
Thanks! I was able to download the .apk and iTunes no problem! Easy and straightforward. Downloading some music now, too! Can both stream and download. Next, I am going to figure out how to get it to play in the car, had no luck with bluetooth, mad the handshake, but wouldn't resolve and play.

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #2,228 of 2,746
Thanks! I was able to download the .apk and iTunes no problem! Easy and straightforward. Downloading some music now, too! Can both stream and download. Next, I am going to figure out how to get it to play in the car, had no luck with bluetooth, mad the handshake, but wouldn't resolve and play.
Best of luck with bluetooth pairing in the car.

Just today i was reminded of my own attempt at this when I went to pair a new phone with my car's Bluetooth, there was the old SR25 profile...which I could never get to play anything.

I did use a direct 3.5mm analog cable to the Aux input, but realised soon enough that it just wasn't worth the effort to use SR25 in the car. There is just so much extra noise from the car itself, coupled with the limitations of BT audio, that I couldn't perceive any SQ benefits. My phone's BT connection, as well as trusty old USB sticks work and sound just fine with the somewhat limited audio capabilities of my car's amp and speakers.

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #2,229 of 2,746
Best of luck with bluetooth pairing in the car.

Just today i was reminded of my own attempt at this when I went to pair a new phone with my car's Bluetooth, there was the old SR25 profile...which I could never get to play anything.

I did use a direct 3.5mm analog cable to the Aux input, but realised soon enough that it just wasn't worth the effort to use SR25 in the car. There is just so much extra noise from the car itself, coupled with the limitations of BT audio, that I couldn't perceive any SQ benefits. My phone's BT connection, as well as trusty old USB sticks work and sound just fine with the somewhat limited audio capabilities of my car's amp and speakers.
Thanks, that is probably the way I will go. Appreciate the info!

Nov 26, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #2,231 of 2,746
Here is a question for those using Apple Music on the SR25 - I downloaded songs onto the SR25 and several of the songs 'glitch'. It's reminiscent of a skip. It happens at the same place in the songs so I am assuming there was some sort of glitch in the download. Has anyone encountered this with the SR25 and Apple Music? I will try deleting the song and re-downloading it. A pain, but, ah well! :)

Nov 27, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #2,232 of 2,746
Here is a question for those using Apple Music on the SR25 - I downloaded songs onto the SR25 and several of the songs 'glitch'. It's reminiscent of a skip. It happens at the same place in the songs so I am assuming there was some sort of glitch in the download. Has anyone encountered this with the SR25 and Apple Music? I will try deleting the song and re-downloading it. A pain, but, ah well! :)
It has happened to me twice with two classical movements in hires. I had to delete and download again like you say. Apple Music works now very well in the SR25.

Nov 27, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #2,233 of 2,746
Has anyone tried AKG k712 pro direct to the SR25? is the Astell powerfull enough for those hps? I am guessing, probably not?
I also have a Fiio A5 portable amp. Will that be enough with the SR25 for the AKG?

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #2,234 of 2,746
It has happened to me twice with two classical movements in hires. I had to delete and download again like you say. Apple Music works now very well in the SR25.

Nov 28, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #2,235 of 2,746
I can’t find the settings button in the Apple Music app. How do you make sure tracks are played in lossless (or HiRes)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back