Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Sep 30, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #902 of 2,746
At home when i use topping desktop amp A90 connect to AK SR15/SR25 via rca to 3.5mm. If I buy the topping desktop dac D90, will I be able to connect the AK SR15/SR25 via cables in the photo below?

Attachments

• BD1F06F9-24FD-43E4-9EA3-698E1B138061.png
    BD1F06F9-24FD-43E4-9EA3-698E1B138061.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 4123D41E-07EF-44A1-84DA-A8059FCA738F.png
    4123D41E-07EF-44A1-84DA-A8059FCA738F.png
    859.5 KB · Views: 0
Oct 4, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #904 of 2,746
Hi, may I ask a question about this case? Does it affect the strength of wifi and bluetooth signal? Thank you so much for any information.
To be honest, unfortunately I experience poor wifi and BT connection with or without the case.

The case does not make a difference in my case, no pun intended :smile_phones:

Oct 4, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #905 of 2,746
I was close to pulling the trigger on the SR25 recently. There was one on the classifieds here at a good price that was tempting. I have auditioned the SR15 which I liked and it seems that the SR25 is a step on from that.

Oct 4, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #907 of 2,746
I was close to pulling the trigger on the SR25 recently. There was one on the classifieds here at a good price that was tempting. I have auditioned the SR15 which I liked and it seems that the SR25 is a step on from that.
For me the strong points of the SR25 are sound quality and battery life. The weak points are Bluetooth, in my case only minor problems of initial connection, and wifi, which is in my opinion the worst aspect of the player. The range of the wifi is really poor.

Oct 4, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #908 of 2,746
For me the strong points of the SR25 are sound quality and battery life. The weak points are Bluetooth, in my case only minor problems of initial connection, and wifi, which is in my opinion the worst aspect of the player. The range of the wifi is really poor.
It was the WiFi aspect that held me back. All my listening is done by streaming and so I need the dap to have a good WiFi connection. That part is a pity because the SR25 ticks a lot of boxes.

Oct 4, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #909 of 2,746
It was the WiFi aspect that held me back. All my listening is done by streaming and so I need the dap to have a good WiFi connection. That part is a pity because the SR25 ticks a lot of boxes.
For me with the SR25 there is no problem in wifi being at close range from the source, the pc, same room or adjacent room. Further away, then cuts. I have streamed for hours without issues at close range.
From what I have seen Sony players are excellent with wifi, but you have the volume cap ptoblem in European models. The 507 is the competition of the SR25 but you would have to order it from Asia, Australia or USA.

Oct 7, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #911 of 2,746
I too feel that the SR25 has the achilles heel with the wifi. At home, when I have control over the distance from the router, there's certainly no issues, but if you're in the office using the wifi, and the access point is on the ceiling, the signal drops drastically as you raise and lower the device away from the ceiling (as an example). I guess there's always the option to download the songs before you know that you're going to be experiencing wifi troubles, but it seems like an unfortunate workaround to owners that have bought the device.

Aside from this, I really love the SR25, and I'm starting to wonder if investing in a separate portable amp would raise that level of enjoyment that much higher? I've found that listening through the balanced out is something I personally prefer, so if I were to look at an amp, it would need to support balanced out as well. Have any of you had positive experience with any portable amps that pair well with the SR25?

Oct 7, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #912 of 2,746
I too feel that the SR25 has the achilles heel with the wifi. At home, when I have control over the distance from the router, there's certainly no issues, but if you're in the office using the wifi, and the access point is on the ceiling, the signal drops drastically as you raise and lower the device away from the ceiling (as an example). I guess there's always the option to download the songs before you know that you're going to be experiencing wifi troubles, but it seems like an unfortunate workaround to owners that have bought the device.

Aside from this, I really love the SR25, and I'm starting to wonder if investing in a separate portable amp would raise that level of enjoyment that much higher? I've found that listening through the balanced out is something I personally prefer, so if I were to look at an amp, it would need to support balanced out as well. Have any of you had positive experience with any portable amps that pair well with the SR25?

Killer pairing with xCan! :gs1000smile:

20201007_121808.jpg

Oct 7, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #914 of 2,746
Join us tomorrow (Thursday, 10/8) at 4 pm EDT for Qobuz Live where the Astell&Kern US team will discuss all things Astell&Kern and Qobuz with David Solomon of Qobuz - USA. US residents have a chance to win a one-year subscription to Qobuz and a new DAP! Giveaway open to US residents only. Join the livestream on our Facebook page or the Qobuz - USA Facebook page.

The Qobuz team will be taking questions throughout the livestream.

Astell&Kern Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern

Qobuz USA Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/qobuzUSA

Astell&Kern Qobuz Live 10-8.png

Last edited:
Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Oct 7, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #915 of 2,746
Recently picked up the SR25, (Blue, Grey 128) very impressed by this little player has beautiful balance & tonality :)

Q-6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back