Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Jul 10, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #511 of 2,746
What a nice case. I have the AK red one and it's fine for me. Love the color and size/fit.

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #512 of 2,746
Jul 10, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #513 of 2,746
Hey all,

A couple of questions on the AK SR25 - trying to figure it out on mine:

1. I don't have any presets (or I can't see any) - only able to customize my own eq settings - have you guys done this? What eq settings do you configure - it looks quote complicated 🤔

2. When downloading content on tidal (offline mode), is there a way to save the songs on the SD card instead on the AK device?

Thanks

Jul 10, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #514 of 2,746
Hey all,

A couple of questions on the AK SR25 - trying to figure it out on mine:

1. I don't have any presets (or I can't see any) - only able to customize my own eq settings - have you guys done this? What eq settings do you configure - it looks quote complicated 🤔

2. When downloading content on tidal (offline mode), is there a way to save the songs on the SD card instead on the AK device?

Thanks

The EQ will be highly dependent on the 'phones you are using and your own personal preference. With my CA Cascades, I don’t use any EQ. For my Shure SE535, I followed this helpful advice to increase bass slightly, while toning down some of the upper harshness:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/my-...s-for-shure-se535-westone-3-westone-4.546077/

This is definitely an area where YMMV!

I haven’t done this yet myself, but for offline Tidal downloads, if you go into the app-> My Collection-> click the setting gear, you can scroll down to choose Download Destination.

Jul 10, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #515 of 2,746
I’ve just ordered this case. Not a fan of the AK one so I’ll have to try and sell it on.
Funnily enough, I’ve just ordered this today in the Navy color way. It was a toss up between that and the light brown.

I had the AK case in brown but had to return it due to a manufacturing defect (mark). Not to mention that also the back stitching was already starting to come out.

Jul 11, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #516 of 2,746
I’ve just ordered this case. Not a fan of the AK one so I’ll have to try and sell it on.
Where is this case from please?

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #518 of 2,746
How does the SR 25 sound versus the Sony ZX507? Everything I've ever purchased from Sony has broken over time, including a very expensive SACD player, various cameras, several TVs, etc. So, if the two are close in sound quality, I would much rather buy the SR 25. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Jul 11, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #519 of 2,746
Question about gapless and DLNA server:
With APConnect it's not possible to get gapless playback.
I've read that also other A&K players have problems with it.
So: Do we'll get a solution for this problem?
Because I also using Roon at home: Is there a release date for the roon support?

Jul 11, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #520 of 2,746
Hey,

I'm thinking about getting the Moonddrop Starfield. Currently using the BLON BL-03 - which are niec, but I want to get more out of my AK25.

Whats your thoughts on them - worth it?

Whats teh sound like?

They are awesome for the price. Crisp open sound with well controlled decent bass. You can’t go wrong for £83. Even throwing in the cost of a decent budget balanced cable, you’re still only talking just over £100. The dealer who lent me the SR25 was going to get himself a pair to try against the more esoteric IEMs he sells from Campfire and similar.

Jul 11, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #521 of 2,746
I love the Empire Ears IEM's. Great company and two lines for different tastes. They sound great with the SR25 .

Jul 11, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #522 of 2,746
@JasonNYC, I just got the SR25 this afternoon and so far I'm really digging it. Right now I have it plugged in to my computer and I'm using it in DAC mode. It was plug & play with Windows 10 and the WASAPI mode works well so far. I see the DAP came with drivers stored in the unit. Should I install those? Will that give me ASIO and any other features such as native DSD playback (right now I can only play DSD through DoP)?

Jul 11, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #523 of 2,746
Hey guys,

Is your Bluetooth connections have a low volume comparing to wired earphones?

With wired, I only need about 95-100 on volume. With BT (Sony WH 1000xm3) I have to put it closer too 145 ( and it's still not that loud)???

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #524 of 2,746
Hey guys,

Is your Bluetooth connections have a low volume comparing to wired earphones?

With wired, I only need about 95-100 on volume. With BT (Sony WH 1000xm3) I have to put it closer too 145 ( and it's still not that loud)???
I’ve only had success pairing BT with the car, but didn’t notice that I had to put the volume up particularly high. Is there a separate volume control for your Sony’s?

btw, did you do anything special to get the SR25 to pair in the first place? I’ve had no luck yet with my Shure BT dongle...

Jul 12, 2020 at 3:18 AM Post #525 of 2,746
I’ve only had success pairing BT with the car, but didn’t notice that I had to put the volume up particularly high. Is there a separate volume control for your Sony’s?

btw, did you do anything special to get the SR25 to pair in the first place? I’ve had no luck yet with my Shure BT dongle...
Hey,

No, didn't have to do anything special - just the usual pairing process.

I've also connected to my Sennheiser Momentum true wireless.

Maybe worth getting in touch with AK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back