Astell & Kern SP1000 Equalizer Query
Aug 24, 2019 at 12:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ollie6052

Head-Fier
Hi Folks,
I have a question regarding the in-built EQ on the Astell & Kern SP1000.

I am absolutely stoked with the sound of this DAP, It is by far the best sounding & functioning player I have ever owned. I listen to it through the Sennheiser HD650 with the Moon Audio Silver Dragon balanced cable and many songs to my ears sound "perfect".
What I would love to do though, is boost some of the sub/bass frequencies to compensate for the HD650's sub roll off. However, when using the inbuilt EQ, the Equaliser starting point is completely different from the players in-built sound signature and so adding a little bass means sacrificing everything else that makes the player sing so wonderfully.

Does anyone know of a way to adjust the players default sound with the EQ instead of having to setup a whole new EQ signature?
If not, A&K please make this a feature in the next firmware, it would be incredibly useful.

Thanks folks,
Ollie

Aug 24, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #2 of 3
It's well known that AK eq's mostly for display but non functional for most of average users. Per my inquiry AK stated
its for advanced users who can distingush the pin drop decibel. You can search under sp1000 thread to determine the
operability of their AK. I'd say it`s only for users having cat' ears.

Aug 25, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #3 of 3
The EQ I find is usable, but all I want to achieve is a slight bass boost to the gorgeous standard sound of the player.
Even a simple bass boost function would be awesome within the SP1000 (feature request if you read this A&K :) as so many open back cans have a substantial bass roll off. I also run my HD650 through my Studio setup with Sonarworks Reference 4 and to hear what the HD650 is capable of when the sub frequencies have been counte-bossted to flat is quite remarkable! It makes me wish I could get that kind of weight through the SP1000. I do have the Focal Elear on the way also and I am hoping will give me a bit more of that low end goodness through the SP1000. Though its a shame to be on the search for completely different cans to achieve something that firmware could easily address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back