Astell & Kern SP1000 Amp
Nov 21, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #16 of 22
Good to know. Verite C is 300 ohms too. So this combo probably will not have problem to drive VC properly. Hope soon listen to taste the synergy between them.

I wIll be very interested to hear your comments about SP1000 AMP + VC.

Indeed, I have SP1000 and just received my verite Closed, and.... obviously the Verite C is underpowered by the SP1000 Alone (volume level is OK, but sound is congested and soundstage colapsed ! :frowning2:

So... I am hesitating between getting the SP1000AMp or "upgrading" to SP2000.... but I understood that SP2000 is less powerful than SP1000 + SP1000 AMP. is it correct ?

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #17 of 22
I wIll be very interested to hear your comments about SP1000 AMP + VC.

Indeed, I have SP1000 and just received my verite Closed, and.... obviously the Verite C is underpowered by the SP1000 Alone (volume level is OK, but sound is congested and soundstage colapsed ! :frowning2:

So... I am hesitating between getting the SP1000AMp or "upgrading" to SP2000.... but I understood that SP2000 is less powerful than SP1000 + SP1000 AMP. is it correct ?
Hello. Im still waiting my VC. Probably just in the end of december to beginning of January. In Ak site uou can see that sp1000+amp is more powerful than sp2000 (balanced high gain I think is 4 more Vrms than sp2000 from balanced). When I get the VC I will try give some feedback about this 2). I think will be enough to drive since I can drive Hekv2 from 3.5 on high gain from the amp.

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #18 of 22
OK, here we are... after 1 day of break-in my very first conclusion is that the SP1000 Amp module really improve on the SP1000 when driving the Verite Closed.

Sound level wise, with my Verite Closed on the SP1000 alone I have to set-up volume at 120 (/ 150) while with the Amp, the volume (with high gain) is set at 100 (/ 150) and at 110 (/150) with low gain.

This may seems not to be a major improvement, but the interesting part is elsewhere: With the Amp, the dynamic and spacious sound is back...close to what I get from the VC with my Desktop EC445 amp. Without the SP1000 amp, the VC sound is "flat" and boring. And the difference is not subtil...

I also noticed that "low gain" set-up of the Amp is even more pleasant than "High gain" which may be sometime agressive (but... with the VC "high gain" may be needed depending on the recording and your listening ). I recommand you try booth and do not directly jump to High-gain.

Now I will try with IEMs and Shure KSE1500 but to see if they also benefit from the added space and musicality of the Amp, even if they do not need the added output power. Tests will tell... but I think that with those IEMs I will alsays use the "low gain" set-up of the Amp.

but don't get too excited, the SP1000 AMP amp is only "close" to the EC445 desktop amp, not equal.
The EC445 is indeed a faboulous and very powerful amp that no portable device can match.... It can even drive the old HE6 to it's full potential :smile:

10392528.jpg

Dec 7, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #19 of 22
since I have the SP1000 Amp module I confirm that the Amp Module improves the SP1000 sound, even for IEMs. So, now my AMP is permanently attached to the DAP,... except when I use the SHURE KSE 1500 because, for some obscure reason, the SP1000 Amp
Distorde and click a lot when connected to the SHURE’s amp !! ( impedance incompatibility
???:astonished:

But.... VERY ANNOWING is that each time I turn ON the DAP, even with the AMP module attached, I need to go to set-up to turn ON the use of the AMP ! !

IMO The SP1000 should detect that the AMP is attached or take the last configuration used before last shut down !

A&K can you please fix this with a new firmware ??

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #20 of 22
I got my sp1000SS today and looking for to buy a sp1000amp. I saw in some YouTube videos they have mentioned different colour amp has different sound signature not sure is it true or not. If I have SS version, do I need to go for SS model amp or can I choose the other color amp too? Will the sound be same? Can you help me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back