Astell&Kern SA700 - Past meets Present
Mar 6, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #151 of 707
Still on the equilibrium on whether to sell or not SA700. I may change my mind and delete my listing on carousell soon. SA700 is what I want in terms of sound signature. Only WM1Z impressed me similarly/slightly more, as it’s still under S$4K, as compared to SP1000 & SP2000’s price range. Can’t imagine SP3000 starting price!

One thing good about WM1Z is the monstrous battery life.

Eng Siang sure whack u gaogao one la

sumpa 5-6k starting kns

u prefer SA700 or SP1000M ah

Mar 6, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #152 of 707
Eng Siang sure whack u gaogao one la

sumpa 5-6k starting kns

u prefer SA700 or SP1000M ah

LOL. Can buy 3 iPhone 11 Pro Max. / iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Non audiophiles friends of ours will never understand why we can be so crazy over music devices/ciems.

I do not like non stainless steel body devices. SP1000M sound output on balanced port seems louder than SP1000. Other than that in terms of sound, these 2 are very close. AK4497 dac chip.

But I don’t know how SA700 makes their AK4492 Dac chip sound output to be so close to SP1000 AK4497. I already spent hours listening to these DAPs at E1, Stereo. To & Fro.

That’s why in the end I went for the best value for money SA700. The LED light at the vol turn wheel is another nice deciding factor for me.

Mar 6, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #153 of 707
LOL. Can buy 3 iPhone 11 Pro Max. / iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Non audiophiles friends of ours will never understand why we can be so crazy over music devices/ciems.

I do not like non stainless steel body devices. SP1000M sound output on balanced port seems louder than SP1000. Other than that in terms of sound, these 2 are very close. AK4497 dac chip.

But I don’t know how SA700 makes their AK4492 Dac chip sound output to be so close to SP1000 AK4497. I already spent hours listening to these DAPs at E1, Stereo. To & Fro.

That’s why in the end I went for the best value for money SA700. The LED light at the vol turn wheel is another nice deciding factor for me.

SP1000M has a greater output than SP1000 on balanced iirc

tbh i like the build of SA700 more than SP1000M but it's so heavy wdf

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #154 of 707
I have already owned the Kann Cube. Do you guys think the SA700 is worth purchasing if I am looking for a more on-the-go type of DAP? Is it light and comfy is what I mean. Is the sound signature similar or different?

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #155 of 707
I have already owned the Kann Cube. Do you guys think the SA700 is worth purchasing if I am looking for a more on-the-go type of DAP? Is it light and comfy is what I mean. Is the sound signature similar or different?

Well, for sure it is not light!

Mar 7, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #156 of 707
I have the SA700 Black, aesthetics and sound characteristics aside. My question is now should is my money well spent based on: It's not the quickest at all to start services such as Spotify and boot up time, ughh. The WiFi signal strength is also questionable.

1st world problems, someone told me when I told them what I spend on this hobby

Mar 12, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #157 of 707
I have the SA700 Black, aesthetics and sound characteristics aside. My question is now should is my money well spent based on: It's not the quickest at all to start services such as Spotify and boot up time, ughh. The WiFi signal strength is also questionable.

1st world problems, someone told me when I told them what I spend on this hobby

With regards to the boot up time, I have no qualms about it. I take it as after I pressed the power on button and while waiting for it, at the same time I’m uncoiling my Layla from the JH box. Just nice power on, and I’m plugged in.

Wifi signal strength is dependable on your router placement in your house. Of course that being said, iPhone wifi signal strength may be stronger due to the proprietary built in stronger wifi antenna?

I don’t use streaming apps so I can’t comment on Spotify loading time. I have slowly built up my digital copies of all my songs from my CDs, as well as dl online. A&K players ain’t known for their strong playback time. Going offline will not strain the battery charge cycle that fast, considering a dap will likely last us at least 3 years.

Mar 16, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #158 of 707
sgiaxDn.jpg

oXS9AT2.jpg

My 2 beloved “mini hifi”. I don’t know if the hours burning in thing about ciems or dap is true. But why do music sound better the more you play them? Same track sounds much better after days when you initially played them.

2.5mm balanced cable makes a lot of difference. Not only the sound output power (75vol vs 87vol on 3.5mm), but I can really pick out the lossless details. And I’m only running 192kbps .mp3 files.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #159 of 707
Hello, I'm looking for a new dap and after research there are three that I selected:
The sa700, fiio 15 and kann cube.
I'm looking for a dap that has a neutral sound or with slightly forward mids. I would also like it to be powerful enough to drive big headphones (300 ohms).

I thought I would take either the m15 or the kann because of their powers and the signature of the cube which I am told is rather neutral. After I discovered the sa700 and it looks very interesting so I would like your opinions on which one I should take and how the three dap sounds.

I mainly listen to classical, jazz and a lot of singing.

Ps: sorry for my english it's not my language

Mar 19, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #160 of 707
Hello, I'm looking for a new dap and after research there are three that I selected:
The sa700, fiio 15 and kann cube.
I'm looking for a dap that has a neutral sound or with slightly forward mids. I would also like it to be powerful enough to drive big headphones (300 ohms).

I thought I would take either the m15 or the kann because of their powers and the signature of the cube which I am told is rather neutral. After I discovered the sa700 and it looks very interesting so I would like your opinions on which one I should take and how the three dap sounds.

I mainly listen to classical, jazz and a lot of singing.

Ps: sorry for my english it's not my language
Sa700 is definitely not neutral sounding compared to Kann cube. It is more mid centric suitable for vocals.

Mar 20, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #161 of 707
FYI, to our North American customers:

As we all continue to adjust our daily lives during the global COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to share an update on how we are responding in the USA in serving the Astell&Kern customers for North America.

First and foremost, the health and safety of our employees, customers and partners is our top priority and drives every decision we make, especially during this critical time. We would like to take this time to review the adjustments we are making and how that may impact your experience:

- Business Office Closure & Customer Service Team Working Remotely: We are requiring our employees who normally work out of our business office to work from home, including our Customer Support team. Due to the order in effect by the state of California, we are required to close our office until further notice. However, we are committed to serving you as best we can while we work remotely. While this may create some delays, we will be here to support you to our full capacity. You can reach us by email at support@theinvixion.com or by phone at (949) 336-4540 where a voicemail can be left and a team member will follow up in the order that each inquiry was received.

- Online Shopping and Order Delivery: At this time we continue to be fully operational at our fulfillment center as we have been able to follow the guidelines and protocols to meet safety standards and conduct business at this location. With safety and enhanced caution in mind, our dedicated team will continue to prepare your online orders. We do not anticipate any delays at this time and thank you for your continued business and support.

We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Astell&Kern believes strongly in the power of music to provide a sense of calmness, well-being and spiritual healing when we need it the most. While the current situation is difficult, we believe all of us will get through it together, stronger and better than ever. We wish all of our customers and their families to stay safe and well. We are here for you.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back