Astell&Kern Launches USB-C Dual DAC Cable
Oct 23, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #166 of 198
Quick question, has anyone compared the PEE51 to the Chord Mojo, love my Mojo, but it's a bit big and needs to be charged, etc, I hardly ever use it.

I've ordered a PEE51 as Im more likely to plug it into my Macbook more often to get good sound, but if there's not too much difference I might sell Mojo, yes ill do my own sound tests when I get it, but be good to know if anyone here has any thoughts. I use SE846's and Sennheiser Momentum 3s

thanks
I actually just made the same switch and sold my Mojo and bought the PEE51. I only used Mojo for desktop use and needing two USB ports would be a bit of a problem sometimes.

Sheer resolution and articulation on Mojo is hard to beat, but it does have that thick lower mids/smooth presentation that I would both love but sometimes want a break from. I’m really liking the PEE51 so far. Great detail and a good full sound without feeling too harsh or bright. It also has a good sense of space and positioning of instruments. One downside is the independent volume control on Mojo is handier for fine tuning volume level. But overall it’s a good device and I got mine cheaper than I sold the Mojo for.
While I'm waiting for PEE51 to get back in stock, so I started reading more about it.

It sounds like PEE51 is more on the analytical side where as Mojo is more on the warmer side.

Did any of you guys actually end up comparing them by any chance? Now I'm actually wondering if I should go Mojo instead (based on tonal preference) since DFR is more on the warm side too.

Oct 23, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #167 of 198
While I'm waiting for PEE51 to get back in stock, so I started reading more about it.

It sounds like PEE51 is more on the analytical side where as Mojo is more on the warmer side.

Did any of you guys actually end up comparing them by any chance? Now I'm actually wondering if I should go Mojo instead (based on tonal preference) since DFR is more on the warm side too.
I don't consider PEE51 to be analytical, it's very engaging. I've never had the DFR so can't comment on whether it's warmer/more analytical than DFR. You might just have to try the PEE51 and Mojo and see which one suits your fancy. They're both great DACs, but have slightly different presentations - it's not as clear cut as one being analytical vs one being warmer.

Oct 23, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #168 of 198
I don't consider PEE51 to be analytical, it's very engaging. I've never had the DFR so can't comment on whether it's warmer/more analytical than DFR. You might just have to try the PEE51 and Mojo and see which one suits your fancy. They're both great DACs, but have slightly different presentations - it's not as clear cut as one being analytical vs one being warmer.
Ah actually to clarify, aside from the warm / analytical I think both DFR and Mojo are considered as forward sounding (I guess emphasis on vocal?).

Where as most neutral sounding source usuay make me feel like the vocal sound too far?

But I agree with you I might just have to try it out, sometime it's hard to describe sound with words lol.

It's exactly like when I read about computer mouse review describing shape with words, then when I put it in my hand I was like AH I get it now. :laughing:

Nov 2, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #169 of 198
Hi,
I have the unit and am able to play DSD 128, but not 256.
Is the dongle limited to 128 despite the CS chips running 256?
Foobar2000, ASIO DSD, and the AK monitoring utility, over Win10.
Please advise

Nov 2, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #170 of 198
Nov 3, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #172 of 198
yes, I have
setting1.JPG

setting2.JPG

My settings. Played DSD256 fine.

Nov 4, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #175 of 198
Does anyone know if this device is UAC-1 or UAC2?

Reason i ask is that I am trying to plug it into the back of my Playstation 5 but i cant seem to get it to recognize it

I believe the PS5 only recognizes the older UAC-1 style DACs (which really doesnt make too much sense to me as it's a "next gen" console) and I think this may be the issue.

Any and all help is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back