Astell&Kern Launches New flagship DAP and an IEM Collaboration with Empire Ears
Sep 18, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #228 of 395
So Now...my listening impressions with the SP3000 and the NEW UTOPIA (with the Crystal Cable Double Duet Balanced cable)

Oh Boy....
This sounds completely different from the typical A&K house sound
Much more organic, the voices much more emphasized and realistic, this is really great cinema 👍👍

Too bad, I would have really wished for many others that they can drive the one or the other headphones with it satisfactorily

NOMAX

PS.Don't worry I'll tell you what I like 😉
Have you heard the SP3K at Canjam?

Sep 18, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #229 of 395

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Sep 18, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #231 of 395
wow, SO MUCH chatter about the DAP and basically nothing about the IEM. Am I the only one genuinely interested in the Odyssey IEM? If someone could post measurements or even just some subjective impressions it would be very much appreciated.

Sep 18, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #233 of 395
Out of all the fantastic gear at CANJAM, I was most impressed by the build quality of the SP3000. It's uber premium and makes the sp2000 look cheap in comparison. Other flagships i've owned in the past like N8ii, M9, LPGT can't hold a candle to SP3000 when it comes to the sheer build quality. It's hefty and solid in the hand, and its also the first AK i've handled where navigating the UI wasn't clunky thanks to the new snapdragon 665 (about time). Unfortunately, i only had a brief listen with the plugged in Empyrean, so I can't say much about its sound other than to say it sounded fantastic, very lush and natural. But not sure how much of that is from the Empyrean. I promised myself to never purchase DAPs ever again, but Roon cert out of the box tipped the scale for me. My search for portable Roon setup ended today.

Sep 18, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #234 of 395
Here’s a YouTube link from CanJam referencing the SP3K:

Thanks for posting that.

Can anyone answer this - At about 16:50 in the video they talk about Tidal offline music integration and it not being available on the 3K. The guy goes on to say there is no Tidal offline mode, and that it is best to save your playlist on the streaming service of your choice so that you can to listen to that playlist.

Does this have anything to do with being able to download Tidal playlists to either the hard disk or SD card so that you listen to the music when you’re not connected to the internet? My understanding was that you could download your Tidal playlists to the 3K for offline use. Am I taking about something different to what he is saying on the video? @JasonNYC ?

Sep 18, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #235 of 395
Thanks for posting that.

Can anyone answer this - At about 16:50 in the video they talk about Tidal offline music integration and it not being available on the 3K. The guy goes on to say there is no Tidal offline mode, and that it is best to save your playlist on the streaming service of your choice so that you can to listen to that playlist.

Does this have anything to do with being able to download Tidal playlists to either the hard disk or SD card so that you listen to the music when you’re not connected to the internet? My understanding was that you could download your Tidal playlists to the 3K for offline use. Am I taking about something different to what he is saying on the video? @JasonNYC ?
That's weird. I asked the question about offline capability a few posts back and @JasonNYC responded with a "Yes".

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ast...oration-with-empire-ears.964863/post-17141766

Sep 18, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #236 of 395
That's weird. I asked the question about offline capability a few posts back and @JasonNYC responded with a "Yes".

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ast...oration-with-empire-ears.964863/post-17141766
Yes I saw that. In fact it was your question and Jason’s answer that played a big part in my decision to buy the Dap (I purchased it today). I only stream my music and I only use Tidal hi-res. Oh dear…

Edit: Thinking about it, it’s not the end of the world if I can’t download for offline use, but it just means I am restricted to listening where I can get a good wi-fi signal. I would much prefer to download to SD though.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #239 of 395
The sideloaded Tidal gives the offline function and a more complete interface.

Sep 18, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #240 of 395
For anyone here at the Irvine Marriott for Canjam SoCal, I will have the full Empire Ears lineup including the new EMPIRE EARS X ASTELL&KERN ODYSSEY in the lobby starting around 9pm tonight, I'll probably be down there for a about an hour or two, just shoot me a pm if you need help finding me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back