Astell & Kern Kann MAX
Mar 14, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #406 of 549
Tidal support were very helpful. Upshot was clear the cache, log out, log in. Delete the app and reload it. Took all weekend though, as then all my music had to upload again and the wireless capability is poor.

That said I'm really pleased overall. The Kann Max, Sennheiser IE900, and Tidal Masters is a fabulous combination

Mar 25, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #407 of 549
I am spending more time on the road and was going to get membership to one of the streaming App. I thought I would try Qobuz with my Kann Max but just like my experiences with the AK SP 2000 I just never had it consistently reliable. It has issues with accessing the Micro SD card. I tried multiple cards and when I switched to Tidal none of the issues were observed. Is this consistent with other users of the Kann Max?

Mar 26, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #410 of 549
Does Kann Max have a pre-out?
In a manner of speaking. Yes. The Line out control is excellent even in single ended using 2V. Balanced is 4V. The internal amp has 4 gain settings (low,mid,high,super ) which can be applied to the loudness level of your line out output. It is fantastic and the functionality is terrific when pairing the max with other amplifiers. The headroom control is excellent. The line out is one of the best features on the max and so is the Optical out. ✌️

Mar 26, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #411 of 549
In a manner of speaking. Yes. The Line out control is excellent even in single ended using 2V. Balanced is 4V. The internal amp has 4 gain settings (low,mid,high,super ) which can be applied to the loudness level of your line out output. It is fantastic and the functionality is terrific when pairing the max with other amplifiers. The headroom control is excellent. The line out is one of the best features on the max and so is the Optical out. ✌️
Sorry but I did not understand,
Can it be used as a preamplifier?

Mar 26, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #413 of 549
Does the kann max have an optical port, or am I confused?
I've had it for a long time and didn't know about it...
Oh it is really simple. You buy an adapter that looks like this and simply plug it into the 3.5mm port and you are good to go. Excellent functionality

Attachments

• 5CF3D40F-10EA-4C78-AE99-B06B6A6E035A.jpeg
    5CF3D40F-10EA-4C78-AE99-B06B6A6E035A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • EB2A2A3A-A452-4743-9344-97F469BEF379.jpeg
    EB2A2A3A-A452-4743-9344-97F469BEF379.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Mar 26, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #415 of 549
Sorry but I did not understand,
Can it be used as a preamplifier?
As I said in an earlier post. The line out function plus the optional gain level of the amp that can be selected during use of the line out fiction can act like a pre amp with smaller portable amplifiers, not desktop level equipment like speaker amps. That would be ridiculous. :wink:

Mar 26, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #417 of 549
Thank you,
By the way, I tried the optical port and it definitely works,
No problem. Also I found not using the SPIDEF upsampling (keeping it off) sounds better than the up sample option of 24 bits always on. Try it. See what you think in the settings options.

Mar 30, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #418 of 549
@JasonNYC Hi Jason! Will there be a battery protection update like the one in CA1000T? I usually keep it charged while using it at home so an update like that would be great to keep the longevity of the kann max.

Also, since I usually use Tidal with the ios AK connect app(version 2.1.2), when I tried to play songs from my favorite tracks list with the app, a lot of the time the app does not load the full list but only part of the list(usually the first 40% of the list, sometimes 80%, I only got ard 100 songs in the list) and when I played the last song of that part of the list it will not play further than that. Only when I quit the app and restart it multiple times then it finally loads the full list, is there a way to fix it? It is still a good and useful app overall but that part is a bit annoying to use for me.

Thank you for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back