Astell&Kern KANN CUBE
Oct 19, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #1,891 of 2,200
Will side-loading the Android Tidal app give me a better experience on the Cube? I have not side-loaded anything yet.

My two main gripes with the pre-installed Tidal on the Cube are:

1) While playing a song, if I hit the home button or go to any other screen I lose the song page in Tidal and have to go back to
Services > Tidal just to find it again.

2) My personal playlists in My Music are not sortable like they are on the mobile apps so it takes forever to find a favorite song once you are in Tidal.

Otherwise Tidal sounds great - it's just the UI/Navigation on the Cube version is driving me nuts.

Oct 19, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #1,892 of 2,200
Will side-loading the Android Tidal app give me a better experience on the Cube? I have not side-loaded anything yet.

My two main gripes with the pre-installed Tidal on the Cube are:

1) While playing a song, if I hit the home button or go to any other screen I lose the song page in Tidal and have to go back to
Services > Tidal just to find it again.

2) My personal playlists in My Music are not sortable like they are on the mobile apps so it takes forever to find a favorite song once you are in Tidal.

Otherwise Tidal sounds great - it's just the UI/Navigation on the Cube version is driving me nuts.
Yea 1) infuriates me. They should make a gesture like double-tap home to return back to tidal.
Never had a problem with 2) though. I tend to keep my playlists under 80mins

Nov 8, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #1,894 of 2,200
i just got my AK Kann Cube A few days ago after i sold my cayin n6ii (welcome home baby)

tho, is there someone else that got a bit problem like when i play some of my song, sometime the song randomly freeze for a half second then start again, when this happen, usually it will happen a a few more times at the same song, it happen randomly (playing same song wouldn't make it appear again), but sometimes it appear when i browsing my song collection to choose another song, when it appear the played song would freeze for probably half second everytime i scroll down the list

btw all my song is on my sd card (transcend 256gb)

any suggestion on how should i fix this ? or is this normal ?

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #1,895 of 2,200
i just got my AK Kann Cube A few days ago after i sold my cayin n6ii (welcome home baby)

tho, is there someone else that got a bit problem like when i play some of my song, sometime the song randomly freeze for a half second then start again, when this happen, usually it will happen a a few more times at the same song, it happen randomly (playing same song wouldn't make it appear again), but sometimes it appear when i browsing my song collection to choose another song, when it appear the played song would freeze for probably half second everytime i scroll down the list

btw all my song is on my sd card (transcend 256gb)

any suggestion on how should i fix this ? or is this normal ?
What is the file system format of your SD card? Most of todays SD cards are coming factory default exFAT file system. The Cube will recognise it, read it, write it, but you will experience sometimes very odd behaviour.

Format the SD card in the Cube (Settings/System Information/Erase SD card), put again your songs on it, it should work fine afterwards.

Nov 8, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #1,896 of 2,200
What is the file system format of your SD card? Most of todays SD cards are coming factory default exFAT file system. The Cube will recognise it, read it, write it, but you will experience sometimes very odd behaviour.

Format the SD card in the Cube (Settings/System Information/Erase SD card), put again your songs on it, it should work fine afterwards.

i'll try it thanx :D

Nov 9, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #1,897 of 2,200
Anyone tried plug Cube to desktop Amp? I buy cable on eBay and with my Pro ICan it sounds bad, very low power, bad sound (inverted phase?)...

Nov 9, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #1,898 of 2,200
Anyone tried plug Cube to desktop Amp? I buy cable on eBay and with my Pro ICan it sounds bad, very low power, bad sound (inverted phase?)...
i've tried using as a dac into my desktop amp but it is not at all close to my metrum hex dac, so i assume the same against your sonnet morpheus

Nov 9, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #1,899 of 2,200
I know it wll be worse than my Morpheus but is even worse than Cube standalone, something is wrong with cable.
Last time i buy something form China...

Nov 9, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #1,900 of 2,200
I know it wll be worse than my Morpheus but is even worse than Cube standalone, something is wrong with cable.
Why do you want to use it as DAC since you own a Morpheus?

Nov 11, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #1,902 of 2,200
It looks @waterking has tried and liked it:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ast...pha-digital-audio-player.941924/post-15854302

You can try to ask Matt on Forza Audio Works for a nice cable. I intend to do it but still missing an amp.

Is the sonnet morpheus really supports only up to 96kHz on the optical interface? When I was trying Burson Conductor 3R I was feeding it from the Cube through optical interface, playing HiRes 192kHz several times.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #1,904 of 2,200
The cable I got sounds pretty damn good. I prefer ares II but it's very nice.
I had my cable made up locally, I don't trust custom/weird cables from china

Users who are viewing this thread

Back