Astell&Kern KANN CUBE
Nov 25, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #1,201 of 2,200
VX, you should try to find a XLR adapter, its sounds somewhat different from the 2.5mm output

I agree, got my adaptor cable xlr to 2.5 balanced a frw weeks ago. Noticeable improvement with my HPs but not so much with my iems.

Nov 25, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #1,202 of 2,200
Is anyone else having this problem? I know someone else on here had it a while back.

The volume knob is often slightly stiff to turn and has a notchy feel to it. It feels like the wheel is catching on the case, but its the same with case removed.

I see that you can pull the knob out about 1mm or so against spring tension, could it be fine dust particles under the knob? Would it be safe to remove using gentle air pressure? If there’s any kind of lube under there that probably won’t work anyway...

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #1,203 of 2,200
Nov 25, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #1,204 of 2,200
Is anyone else having this problem? I know someone else on here had it a while back.

The volume knob is often slightly stiff to turn and has a notchy feel to it. It feels like the wheel is catching on the case, but its the same with case removed.

I see that you can pull the knob out about 1mm or so against spring tension, could it be fine dust particles under the knob? Would it be safe to remove using gentle air pressure? If there’s any kind of lube under there that probably won’t work anyway...
This problem hit my Cube as well. I am not sure if I was the one who reported it here. It came suddenly. I was so sad, while the unit was quite new, and such a perfect beauty became imperfect. I got used to it after a while, as it was not affecting the functionality.

Nov 26, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #1,205 of 2,200
Just in case if someone started having problems with Qobuz APK. I was running 5.1.8 and for some time it was OK. Then it started being slower and slower, transmission hickups etc Upgrade to 5.3.0 from apkmirror, it all cleans up. The upgrade is pretty sweet because it keeps your login and off-line releases intact. Qobuz changed significantly all their applications recently maybe this was the reason 5.1.x releases have problems.

Dec 1, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #1,207 of 2,200
Happy Holidays!

How is everyone enjoying their Kann Cubes? Any regrets? Lastly, how is the sound quality versus the Ibasso DX220?
I have no regrets, it is an expensive purchase but it has exceeded my expectations, and it sounds better the more I use it. The detail and resolution is sublime to my ears, that said if you’re playing a bad recording it will show it up ruthlessly, with a good recording it gives you goosebumps.
I still have my AK70 mk2 which is more practical for on the move and is more forgiving when it comes to recording quality, but for listening indoors I love the kann cube.
I haven’t tried the DX220 so can’t help on that.

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #1,208 of 2,200

Unpacked and having the same issue from the very beginning. Might have to do with the software functionality for locking the wheel / knob? This is really bugging me, can't imaging this to be a 'feature'. Will try to address it with my local dealer as well as with AK directly.

Dec 2, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #1,209 of 2,200
I’ve also noticed recently that I can hear a slight clicking through my HPs or IEMs when turning the volume knob which only seems to happen on some tidal tracks. Im still unsure if its random or the same tracks but its only apparent sometimes...

Dec 6, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #1,213 of 2,200
For folks buying Kann Cube in the US market... can you please tell me if the collection of apps is on a regional/country basis?

I am looking at buying a Kann Cube from a US retailer (since I live here) but I am looking for whether I can install QQ music for access to Chinese music collection. Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Dec 6, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #1,214 of 2,200
For folks buying Kann Cube in the US market... can you please tell me if the collection of apps is on a regional/country basis?

I am looking at buying a Kann Cube from a US retailer (since I live here) but I am looking for whether I can install QQ music for access to Chinese music collection. Any idea?

Thanks in advance!
QQ Music cannot be installed on the firmware for KANN CUBE outside of the China region.

There are two different firmware language versions for AK players depending on region of purchase:

CM

- Country : Europe, USA, Japan, Russia, and other regions not covered by CN version
- Language : English, Korean, Japanese, Russian, German, French
- Keyboard: English, Korean, Japanese, Russian

CN

- Language: English, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional
- Keyboard: English, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Dec 6, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #1,215 of 2,200
QQ Music cannot be installed on the firmware for KANN CUBE outside of the China region.

There are two different firmware language versions for AK players depending on region of purchase:

CM

- Country : Europe, USA, Japan, Russia, and other regions not covered by CN version
- Language : English, Korean, Japanese, Russian, German, French
- Keyboard: English, Korean, Japanese, Russian

CN

- Language: English, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional
- Keyboard: English, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional

Thank you Jason for the fast response! So I have 3 questions based on the info you have above:

1. If I buy a Kann Cube from a US retailer, it will all be CM versions right? Which means not only I cannot install QQ music, I can't select Chinese as the device language either?
2. If I buy a Kann Cube with CM firmware, can I somehow obtain the firmware package for the CN version and upgrade/flash to that? If I can, can I then use the Kann Cube with the Chinese music apps?
3. Also, if I buy Kann Cube from a Chinese retailer located in China, do you foresee any problem for me to use those connected apps when I'm physically in the US? (For example, am I going to run into any licensing issue so that even I can install QQ music, the app would refuse to play most of the songs because the app detects the IP address)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back