Astell&Kern Billie Jean IEM coming May 2018
Apr 28, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #16 of 28
Not sure how you can determine build quality form these picture.
I can’t see anything wrong or badly constructed on these pictures.
I would expect build quality to be like a smaller Michelle Limited

Hence, “looks”. They could feel great in hand for all I care, but looks way too plasticky for my taste.

Apr 28, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #17 of 28
Just touched and heard it at a Japanese headphone festival. Build quality and haptics are in fact better than it looks like from the pictures. It DOES feel a littly plasticy though...
But SQ is really nice! I liked it a lot better than the CA Comet, which I did not expect (because usually I prefer CA tuning to JH Audio). Well, one have to be fair though and not forget Billy Jean has two drivers and costs 150 more...

Apr 29, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #19 of 28
Are they for sale in the Nakano festival?

Have you ever compared them with the Michelle Limited?

Hi!

Checked the price list and it seems they did not sell but only introduce the Billy Jean on the festival.

Also, I am afraid it s too long ago that I heard Michelle to properly compare it to the Billy Jean.
I only heard Michelle once and remember it did not impress me that much that time, because I thought for the price there are better options out there. Billy Jean definitely impressed me more soundwise, but it could be just my personal taste. But I am pretty confident to say the price/value ratio is better with Billy Jean...

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #20 of 28
Thank you for the info.

I went to the festival today but was it pretty crowded and did not get a change to listen, will check them out in store when they are available.

I also was not too impressed with Michelle when I listened to them last year, no big problems with the sound just no wow feeling,
I would buy the ath-e70 in 3ba which sound amazing but hurt my ears fit wise :/

Hopefully billy jean surprises me, I held one for a brief moment material and quality seems fine to me.

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #25 of 28
Looking at the FR charts, it looks like a Roxanne (which are superb).

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #27 of 28

Users who are viewing this thread

Back