Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Nov 7, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #980 of 1,190
  I've had quiet a time with the T8iEII and despite what I have face previously I am happy to say the T8iEII has hold up so far and I also have to admit it is a great sounding dynamic IEM. 
More importantly it responds to after market cabling. I find cables like the high strand litz cable to bring alot more detail but issue is the bass also slams considerably more. For instance the hum pristine cable which came with my CIEM is able to turn my 8iII into a warm yet revealing beast. The background nuance in live recording stands out alot more. 

I need to look into after market silver litze which high strand cable. 

So I guess this post is to say after so many month my unit hasnt died, just my supplied cable seem to be the problematic one. 

I'm glad for you. 

This is a special piece of equipment and although I have more than enough months (and hours) of usage in to know there is no manufacturing issue with mine (and my wife's), I would not hesitate to replace it with T8ie II should the need arise.  

I've not focused on the comfort that others have, not due to lack of concern, but just from being overwhelmed at the clarity of sound.  

The best thing I can write about the comfort is that I don't think about it as the hours pass!  

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #981 of 1,190
Uff-da, now you're just taunting us! Is that a hint you've put something up somewhere?

I don't have the CA earphones. I have just had about fifteen minutes with Vega and the others. I'm as interested as everyone to read comparisons between Vega and AKT8iE. Sorry.

Nov 11, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #982 of 1,190

That would be a great read.

I concur. I want a flagship IEM but want it to be just pure dynamic. So far, the only flagship dynamic IEM I had was IE800 which was disappointing to me. I liked Earsonics Velvet and Noble K10U but they don't have the compact form of a single dynamic driver.

Nov 13, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #985 of 1,190
@shigzeo, could you describe the differences between donguri ti and akt8ie mmkII?

I've got a chance to listen to mkII and I must say I've really liked it! However it seemed to have more congested soundstage and less air and separation between the instruments than the kaede. But it was less fatiguing on lesser quality recordings. I've heard that donguri has its own "special" sound signature, could you comment on that, if possible? Would be grateful! Thanks!

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #987 of 1,190
  Has many of the AKT8iE Mk-I units showed build and sound quality issues or just the first batch or two before they quickly launched AKT8iE Mk-II?

Many MK 1 units failed within a few weeks, so production was stopped, until the MK2 was ready and released.
This thread documented/publicised the MK 1 failures, but there have been no failures of the MK 2 units reported, after several months on sale. 

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #988 of 1,190
Many MK 1 units failed within a few weeks, so production was stopped, until the MK2 was ready and released.
This thread documented/publicised the MK 1 failures, but there have been no failures of the MK 2 units reported, after several months on sale. 

I've replaced three mk1s. The last one is from the green dot sticker improved batch. Since then, no problem has occurred. Then I sold it for mk2 several months ago. No issues so far. (I really like the sound btw, more engaging, better highs.) So I think they have addressed the root cause.

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #989 of 1,190
I've replaced three mk1s. The last one is from the green dot sticker improved batch. Since then, no problem has occurred. Then I sold it for mk2 several months ago. No issues so far. (I really like the sound btw, more engaging, better highs.) So I think they have addressed the root cause.

Retail stores that sell used items on discount, by any chance, are known to offer any warranty replacement for AKT8iE Mk-I should something go wrong?

Nov 19, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #990 of 1,190

Retail stores that sell used items on discount, by any chance, are known to offer any warranty replacement for AKT8iE Mk-I should something go wrong?

Those that are authorized dealers should be asked, but likely will say "yes" to open box/returns, demos, etc.  This is my experience.  

It also seems that those who had issue with Mk I,  all had it close to purchase time and under warranty.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back