Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Aug 14, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #841 of 1,190
No matter how much I tried to hate the T8iE, despite my luck I just can't see myself away from it.  Also for those who are looking for an upgrade cable the ALO Litz so far seems to be pairing a lot better than my custom 4N pure silver cable. 

Aug 14, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #845 of 1,190
That is just about the difference I hear between mojo and hugo on the T8ie. Everything else I tried both sources sounds very similar to my ear. Glad I did not sell the hugo before I got the t8ie

I think chord HUGO, with the right IEM, is the best portable setup one can get and to me T8iE happens to be one of those IEM that pairs perfectly with HUGO.

Aug 14, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #846 of 1,190
I think chord HUGO, with the right IEM, is the best portable setup one can get and to me T8iE happens to be one of those IEM that pairs perfectly with HUGO.

I agree but only depends on circumstances. On longer flights, the Mojo is compact and iis warm-ish enough to be less fatguing than hugo. talking about 6 hours or more straight of continuous music.

Aug 14, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #847 of 1,190
Has there been any reports of broken T8ie mk2 aside from the demo unit being used here?

Aug 19, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #850 of 1,190
I've never been a fan of IEM's, I find them too uncomfortable. However based on a review in The Absolute Sound I ordered a pair to use with my AK380. I have to say these are the most comfortable and smooth sounding IEM's that I ever used. Completely satisfied!

Aug 20, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #851 of 1,190
For some reason, I like T8ie2 out of AK320+AK380Amp than just AK320 alone. If sounds like it's on the same level as the Hugo.

Aug 20, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #852 of 1,190
I've never been a fan of IEM's, I find them too uncomfortable. However based on a review in The Absolute Sound I ordered a pair to use with my AK380. I have to say these are the most comfortable and smooth sounding IEM's that I ever used. Completely satisfied!

Agreed, these are ergonomic wonders!

My pair of mk1 is still holding on. No disconnection, except when using cables with old connectors (cheap MMCX connectors get loose quite fast).

Aug 24, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #853 of 1,190
No matter how much I tried to hate the T8iE, despite my luck I just can't see myself away from it.  Also for those who are looking for an upgrade cable the ALO Litz so far seems to be pairing a lot better than my custom 4N pure silver cable. 

Sorry to mention that, but I have to remind you that cables from Alo, especially Tinsel, do no good to the surface around the mmcx connector of your T8ie. This cable fits "too well" ,or too tight ,and the metal components of the cable scratches. It makes my T8ie looks worse whenever I change the cable.
As a result, i bought Takumi iem cable from Labkable. It's far better than Tisnel from every aspect. Highly recommend.

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #854 of 1,190

Currently burning in my T8ie mk2. I find it to have even more bass in a good way and the presentation is more engaging but still less than IE800 "in your face" sound sig. Overall it's the same old same old and I'm currently using a OCC litz copper cable made by my local shop with eidolics jack. I don't feel that much difference but hopefully it will be much much more durable.

Aug 29, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #855 of 1,190

Currently burning in my T8ie mk2. I find it to have even more bass in a good way and the presentation is more engaging but still less than IE800 "in your face" sound sig. Overall it's the same old same old and I'm currently using a OCC litz copper cable made by my local shop with eidolics jack. I don't feel that much difference but hopefully it will be much much more durable.

I know sound signature is a question of taste, but to me IE800 are anything but "in your face". The have a spectacular soundstage, which some may like but that I hated so much (felt like hearing music in a cathedral, everything felt so far away).

T8ie sound sig is much closer, very intimate, with singers sitting a meter from you and a circular placement of instruments around.

Now that mine have been burnt nicely, vocals are actually as detailed as on my Angies, which is no small feat. They sound slight warm, and VERY alive (some may find treble a bit too bright, Angies are more subtle in this area). Bass is so much fun. To think that a single driver could feel so good an detailed is impressive. I still love my Angies for their good isolation and awesome level of details, but these T8ie bring as much fun as my ASG2.0 did, with light weight, awesome ergonomics and looks.

The fact that people still have the patience to have them replaced multiple times speaks highly of their sound quality (and their poor connector quality).
Luckily my pair didn't fail so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back