Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Feb 9, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #256 of 1,190
I have noticed a very strange phenomena, my ears has gotten zapped twice, yes twice! This happens when I leave my IEM plugged in over night for long for burn-in period. Upon wearing it I feel a slight shock. At start, when it happened to me two months ago I ignored it but now I honestly thing this isn't just a random act and it has happened two too many for it to be random, can you guys try with your own IEM, just leave it over night and see if this happens to you. It feels like some static charge gets built up and just wants to find a way out.

Edit: This happens when I leave the unit plugged into the dap while it is charging

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #257 of 1,190
  I have noticed a very strange phenomena, my ears has gotten zapped twice, yes twice! This happens when I leave my IEM plugged in over night for long for burn-in period. Upon wearing it I feel a slight shock. At start, when it happened to me two months ago I ignored it but now I honestly thing this isn't just a random act and it has happened two too many for it to be random, can you guys try with your own IEM, just leave it over night and see if this happens to you. It feels like some static charge gets built up and just wants to find a way out.

Edit: This happens when I leave the unit plugged into the dap while it is charging

Could the metal casing have a part to play in this?

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #258 of 1,190
  Could the metal casing have a part to play in this?

It appears to be metal but it's not it looks like some high grade plastic to me

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #261 of 1,190
  it is metallic, well aleast alloy. 

Strange it didn't feel like it to me, not cold at all, maybe it's the coating.
I think if it was they'd advertise it, like IE800 with ceramic.
I have read somewhere it uses a material used in high grade medical but that's pretty fuzzy...

Feb 9, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #262 of 1,190
I am having a problem with my T8ie.    It sound great,   But I can not go mobile on it.  
Each time I walk, I get a crap load of microphonic feedback.
How do I fix that.  ???????

It seen that my XBA-z5 do not have that problem,  maybe it has memory wire on it.?

HELP.....

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #263 of 1,190
After market cable, and I recommend Norne Audio for looks and value (plus much better microphonics.)

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #264 of 1,190
I am having a problem with my T8ie.    It sound great,   But I can not go mobile on it.  
Each time I walk, I get a crap load of microphonic feedback.
How do I fix that.  ???????

It seen that my XBA-z5 do not have that problem,  maybe it has memory wire on it.?

HELP.....

You might want to wear the wire behind your back, with the cinch pulled all the way to your neck. Works for most IEMs actually.

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #266 of 1,190
You might want to wear the wire behind your back, with the cinch pulled all the way to your neck. Works for most IEMs actually.

Tried. Worked better. But still.

I just order an linum cable from Amazon. Since there is a 30 day return policy.

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #267 of 1,190
Tried. Worked better. But still.

I just order an linum cable from Amazon. Since there is a 30 day return policy.

I found the Linum balanced to have good synergy with the T8ie

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #268 of 1,190
  Perhaps, I have emailed someone and will wait for an answer. I really dont want to RMA my unit as i have just reached the 100 mark of burnin. 

Have you gotten an answer back yet? This is slightly disturbing if the Tesla technology is causing zaps or the iem is leaking static or whatever it is .... 

does the 100 hours burnin make changes to the sound? 

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #270 of 1,190
Hi, just looking for a steer. I have the AK320 with the AKt5p's which I love. Looking to partner this with a more mobile set of IEMs and utilize the balanced output. So this strikes the K3003i out.

Looking at the Rosie's and the T8ie. Which would be a better paring and are there other not custom IEMs that would do well that I've not considered?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back