Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Jun 6, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #572 of 1,190

Really nice!

The A & K carry case is really nice; it looks like a jewelry case and my wife loves it.  

However, with the new cable, it no longer fits. 

Is there a nice one that others are using that will fit our beloved T8s with new  cable?  

I'd love recommendations and links.

Crush proof?

Water proof?

Tank and bullet proof?  :)

Thank you! 

mmm......I don't use the stock case as it is, as you've pointed out, too small to carry with a third party headphone cable. I just use the ever-reliable Pelican 1010  case for storage and transport purpose. I'm a fan of Pelican. Just put a couple of moisture absorbents and you are good to go.You can fit 2 to 3 in-ear cable with room to spare.

Link: http://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/watertight-protector-hard-cases/micro-case-series/standard/1010/

Jun 6, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #573 of 1,190
  Surely if i order a new one issues should be sorted out by now? How many hours burn is required too? Thanks

There are many ways to do burin however the one I use is as follows:

Break-In
  •  Play music at a low level (you should be able to wear the earphones and hear sounds from your surroundings) continuously for 5 hours. Playing too loud will result in a harsh sounding treble (high notes) and imprecise bass.

• Let the earphones rest for 2 hours.

• Play music again, this time 8 hoursat 50% of maximum level.

• Let the earphones rest for 2 hours.

• Play music at high level for 5 hours. We do not recommend that you wear the earphones during this step. Note! The volume should not exceed the level where there is an obvious distortion audible even without wearing the earphones. At those levels the earphones might be damaged.

• Final step is to let the earphones rest again for 2 hours. Done!

Source: http://www.soundbysweden.se/nero.html

Do that for 3-4 days and it should do the trick. 

Jun 6, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #574 of 1,190
Is anyone using the AKT8 with Chord Mojo? Does using it Single Ended with Mojo leave you wanting for the balanced output or is Mojo single ended really good enough?

Cheers,
Shu

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #575 of 1,190
  Is anyone using the AKT8 with Chord Mojo? Does using it Single Ended with Mojo leave you wanting for the balanced output or is Mojo single ended really good enough?

Cheers,
Shu

Single ended with the Mojo sounds great. I've been using these Single ended out of the Mojo, Single ended out of the Opus1, Balanced out of the Opus1, and Balanced out of the DPx1. I preferred the SE from the Mojo to the Balanced out of the DPx1. I really like the balanced out from the Opus, but I am also using the Silver Dragon cable from Moon audio compared to the stock cable when using the Mojo. 

Every time I listen to these I am more and more impressed by the sound. I have not found a source they do not sound good out of yet. I've used pretty much my entire collection of DAPs with these besides the DX90. IMO the Mojo and T8ie is something special. 

Jun 7, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #576 of 1,190
  Single ended with the Mojo sounds great. I've been using these Single ended out of the Mojo, Single ended out of the Opus1, Balanced out of the Opus1, and Balanced out of the DPx1. I preferred the SE from the Mojo to the Balanced out of the DPx1. I really like the balanced out from the Opus, but I am also using the Silver Dragon cable from Moon audio compared to the stock cable when using the Mojo. 

Every time I listen to these I am more and more impressed by the sound. I have not found a source they do not sound good out of yet. I've used pretty much my entire collection of DAPs with these besides the DX90. IMO the Mojo and T8ie is something special. 

Hey, klove! Thanks for your impressions. I don't have the other DAPs so I'm glad you did.

I'm getting the Mojo later and hopefully it's SE works well with AK T8.

I actually prefer going full SE for convenience, but again I haven't heard anything from a balanced setup.

Just curious, what source as you pairing with the Mojo?

Jun 10, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #577 of 1,190
For toe of you guys who had to return your unit for repair how long was the repair process? I am craving my T8iE so bad, it is three weeks now. 

Jun 11, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #579 of 1,190
  Guys just got my AKT8ie's...do these definitely need to be burned in?
Should i play white noise to burn in?

In my case, I noticed that after 2 days, I realized the AKT8's initial massive bass subsided, the soundstage became wider and clearer instrument separation. Vocals became less forward as well. The sound became more coherent, more controlled and most importantly, more musical.

I didn't follow a burn in procedure. First song was Lorde's Pure Heroine - Buzzcut Season.

Then followed by the whole album of Pure Heroine, Daft Punk's Random Access Memories, etc.

I enjoyed watching the T8 grow and my brain acclimatizing to the T8 sound.

Sidenote: I also think that AKT8 needs a really good source to sound it's best. 

There is a massive difference plugging in my T8 to my laptop sound output and to O2/ODAC or Mojo. The best being with Mojo. I can't believe the difference but plugging directly into the laptop caused less mid and subbass, closed in sound, etc. Now, even with DX 90 driving Mojo with Low Gain at ~ 200-210 for most tracks, vs DX90->Coax is a noticeable difference in sound change. I hate to admit it, as I was wanting to use DX 90 only, but after adding Mojo to the chain, there is a difference for me.

In short, garbage in garbage out applies to T8 very much.

Jun 11, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #580 of 1,190
  In my case, I noticed that after 2 days, I realized the AKT8's initial massive bass subsided, the soundstage became wider and clearer instrument separation. Vocals became less forward as well. The sound became more coherent, more controlled and most importantly, more musical.

I didn't follow a burn in procedure. First song was Lorde's Pure Heroine - Buzzcut Season.

Then followed by the whole album of Pure Heroine, Daft Punk's Random Access Memories, etc.

I enjoyed watching the T8 grow and my brain acclimatizing to the T8 sound.

Sidenote: I also think that AKT8 needs a really good source to sound it's best. 

There is a massive difference plugging in my T8 to my laptop sound output and to O2/ODAC or Mojo. The best being with Mojo. I can't believe the difference but plugging directly into the laptop caused less mid and subbass, closed in sound, etc. Now, even with DX 90 driving Mojo with Low Gain at ~ 200-210 for most tracks, vs DX90->Coax is a noticeable difference in sound change. I hate to admit it, as I was wanting to use DX 90 only, but after adding Mojo to the chain, there is a difference for me.

In short, garbage in garbage out applies to T8 very much.

Im pairing with an AK240SS.
Is this ok?

Jun 11, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #581 of 1,190

Users who are viewing this thread

Back